Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Tales of us' Deluxe (new release - 30 June 2014)
  • 88 Comments sorted by
  • I'm glad that Alison & Will can make a decent living, but it does feel a bit like they're taking advantage of their fans.  

Do they?
    Considering that album sales are getting worse and worse (now even digital album sales are falling, thanks to streaming with Spotify / Pandora which pay artists fuck all), and Tales of Us wasn't exactly a massive hit; and also that they are not with a big record label anymore (good for them creatively, bad financially) - I'd say such re-releases and additional editions are inevitable...
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • alex_f said:

Word of advice, if you are buying the new edition for the videos (and you are purchasing from iTunes) - buy a separate film (in 'Films' section) instead of the deluxe album. Deluxe album contains videos in shitty semi-SD resolution (640 × 232, not even a full SD) while separate film is full glorious HD (1080p).

Thanks for your tip. I never knew that. Can't wait to hear Clowns and Thea live! xxx
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Anyone else bought it off 7 digital? I click on the £3.99 button, it adds to my basket but then it's 7.99? Odd.
  • I 'tried' buying and a pop up window displayed saying it's a country thing.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Oh that sucks....
  • Pre-ordered it on iTunes. It didn't download? When I go onto iTunes it states I purchased it (just the mp3's, not the videos?) when I go into purchased items it's not there! Odd!!!!
  • If you are on a Mac (and I think it's the same on Windows) - inside Store menu try 'Check for Available Downloads...'.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • They are in a small record company, they need the money of the digital to produce the physicall, I love them, I need their art, they can have my money, no complaints. 
  • alex_f said:
    Word of advice, if you are buying the new edition for the videos (and you are purchasing from iTunes) - buy a separate film (in 'Films' section) instead of the deluxe album. Deluxe album contains videos in shitty semi-SD resolution (640 × 232, not even a full SD) while separate film is full glorious HD (1080p).

alex_f .... thanks for the advice. 
    Instead of buying the deluxe edition I downloaded the movie and was the best decision.
    Five videos linked, Alison screaming and the glorious 1080p.
    Post edited by iantxon at 2014-07-01 02:24:13
  • Anyone manage to buy it for the £3.99 off 7 digital? I tried but they're saying it's a mistake.....
  • iantxon said:

alex_f .... thanks for the advice. 

Instead of buying the deluxe edition I downloaded the movie and was the best decision.
    Five videos linked, Alison screaming and the glorious 1080p.

So wait, the 1080p movie is still just the 5 videos separated? Still missing the links?
  • I did not see the film at the cinema, so I do not know how they mixed the videos.
    But I've seen the videos separately and therefore I know when one ends and where the next begins. The movie that I download on itunes lasts 30.05 minutes and is not separated into five sections. It is a single file.
    Post edited by iantxon at 2014-07-01 15:13:18
  • Basically they flow into each other, there's no title cards for each song.
  • Exactly. There is no titles at the beginning of each song. 
    Only the titles at the beginning and the end, as in most movies. With a close-up to the main characters (at the beginning) and a short version of Clay with end titles....The transition between the stories is very subtle. It is very likely that this is the same version of the cinemas.
  • Sounds like it yeah, well at least thats available :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!