Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Tales of us' Deluxe (new release - 30 June 2014)
  • 88 Comments sorted by
  • I frequently ponder the complete randomness of Goldfrapp merchandising.
    I get all my emails from Frapp HQ from Adam Kline. Can we not get him on here to explain to us what is going on and why their approach is so poor? Sort of a guest blog? The album sales do seem to have declined over the last couple of releases. I read the other day that TOU had finally struggled and gone 'mediocre' in sales awards. Gauling when I read that some twats ( sorry, lesser artists IMHO) have gone triple Platinium. And that, in my opinion, is why there has been no proper activity live in the USA.
    Worth a thought. We are, after all, the Frapp shock troops ! If we think its shite, what chance does your random music buyer think? (Do they even think ?? )
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • If anyone is interested... Adam Kline was the main contact Carpy and myself had when we had the admin roles assigned to us (about a year ago I think) but we haven't had much, if any, contact from him in the past 9 months or so.

The only other actual person we were in touch with was Marc Kremers, who is the designer Goldfrapp have been using for their website etc.

UT (or anyone else of course) might like to try asking Adam about 'frapp promotion and/or forum issues... he is still the best bet for a contact, I'd say. He is with Fascination management though, so has other artists to deal with.

I'm very busy with the guesthouse now, for the next 3 months, so won't be pushing for anything, myself...

Adam's email is: adam@fascinationmanagement.com
  • ^Thanks HJ! -E-mail just sent to Adam. Here is what I asked;

Dear Mr. Kline,

Goldfrapp's US fans are getting very excited about any news of future releases. Be it, touring the US, what cities? What's to come in regards to anything being released digitally, and more importantly, things being released on Blu-Ray/DVD? Will the movie, "Tales Of Us" with the concert be released other than on iTunes?

I hope I don't come across as being demanding. And I know how important your time is, and with that, thank you for reading my e-mail. Hope to receive a reply.

Warm Regards,

mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• I also sent a very polite e-mail to Adam this afternoon adding about future releases and why we seem to know so little in advance; with us being Alison and Will's main fans of course, and if they could consider having more communication with the fans through the board.
    We will see if anyone is listening.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I, too, was disappointed & dismayed at the news. After all the money spent on the films & cinema event, you would think that they'd want to recoup as much as possible. This is hardly the way to do it.

Given the track record in releasing DVDs, I'm not holding my breath in expectation of a future release.
  • Can tell you now if this is iTunes only I WONT BE BUYING IT. I hate iTunes and the kbps is CRAP.
  • Jo_ey said:

Thanks Jo_ey, I don't want to come across as being ungrateful but, I've had a negative experience with downloading purchases via amazon. Please release this physically!

Then I read this: Product Details

Original Release Date: July 8, 2014
    Release Date: July 8, 2014
    Number of Discs: 3

The number of DISCS, the number of discs. Wonder how this will go....down the road.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Amazon and I are twisted in a furious codependent relationship. Kinda like me and all my lovers.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I love the 'Tales of Us' music more and more. It stands on it's own but also harkens back to the 'Felt Mountain' sound. If there is a way to purchase the film with music I would sure like to know about it. ?????
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-06-26 09:31:49
  • Yes yes yes yes yes. WOOT. Can buy it at 7 Digital for £3.99 at 320 kbps.

http://www.7digital.com/artist/goldfrapp/release/tales-of-us-deluxe-edition-1
    Post edited by Shen_Deer at 2014-06-27 06:02:57
  • Thanks Shen_Deer
  • Shen_Deer said:

Yes yes yes yes yes. WOOT. Can buy it at 7 Digital for £3.99 at 320 kbps.

http://www.7digital.com/artist/goldfrapp/release/tales-of-us-deluxe-edition-1

Thanks for this! I wondering if we can cherry pick? Or have to buy the whole album, again?
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Word of advice, if you are buying the new edition for the videos (and you are purchasing from iTunes) - buy a separate film (in 'Films' section) instead of the deluxe album. Deluxe album contains videos in shitty semi-SD resolution (640 × 232, not even a full SD) while separate film is full glorious HD (1080p).
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • ^ thanks for the heads up alex

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!