Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Tales of us' Deluxe (new release - 30 June 2014)
  • 88 Comments sorted by
  • I am not disappointed, just a little excited and anxious because I love Goldfrapp. We were only wishing for a physical release.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• I'm disappointed, very much so. There's no reason not to release the live VIDEO, only a bizarre mind would concur that releasing the audio only portion of an event that was very visual is a good idea. The fact it's iTunes exclusive is ridiculous as well, why would i want to buy a crap lossy version? If you're seriously going to sell me the audio portion only why then compress the hell out of it when the album was offered in a format higher than CD quality!? The way this has been listed on iTunes also puts the videos separate, the standalone videos have none of the sound effects/mixing the film versions did (case in point Alisons scream is missing from Jo that was put on the YT channel) nor do they have the connecting segments that made it a seamless film. This isn't what this thing deserved, this is a mess.
  • ^@rewak: This doesn't show up yet on my iTunes because the country thingy. And I know all what you said is true....OK, I'm so very confused now. But I do not want to come across as being ungrateful for the video of Jo.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• I just had an email about this. I'm disappointed that it's iTunes only. I don't do iTunes, or downloads at all.

If they were to release it as a DVD, I'd buy it, but maybe that's hoping for too much.
  • Ok GOOD NEWS!

Alison just told my friend that they are making it available digitally first, to reach out. Then, it'll be released as seen in the theaters, with extra goodies here and there on DVD and Blu-Ray.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• ^ DVD would be great, now I'm wondering if I should buy the download or wait. Decisions decisions...
  • ^ nice point. as if we won't buy it on iTunes now they could think we don't need it and will not release dvd/bd/cd. i hope they read us there. WE NEED IT.
  • Cover art is gorgeous but I am sadly joining in with the disappointment. Hope the CD/DVD plan is true though. We need it.
  • It's a given that I love Goldfrapp and pretty much all that they do. But please. If there are extras to be released, please release them in just one collection, soon after the initial album release.
    Because there's the:
    -Original TOU
    -The Deluxe Box Set
    -And now this digital deluxe edition, where I assume the extra songs will be album only?
    If there's another release after this as well, I'll just have to ignore it.
    I will always love spending my money on the frapp, but there's a limit to how much I actually can spend.
    Just don't milk it, record companies. Please.
    Post edited by Low at 2014-06-18 14:11:01

• Yes, must say, I'm glad that Alison & Will can make a decent living, but it does feel a bit like they're taking advantage of their fans.  I mean, let's face it, at this point, who else but superfans are going to be buying deluxe versions of an album nearly a year after its initial release?  They should have dropped this new digital deluxe release at the same time the (supposed) dvd/cd combo is coming out, so that fans can choose whether they want a digital only or a physical release.  And the fact that they're not releasing the videos, but only the audio, from the cinema concert is just bewildering.  
    Post edited by HorseTearz at 2014-06-20 05:07:53
  • I get the need, no singles and all, but this ain't the way. We already had a very expensive deluxe edition, they know how badly we want the live performance and film but they also know damn well we don't want it this way, but if it seems like the only option we might be swayed right? Not happening for me, i paid up for the expensive deluxe , went to see the cinema event, and went to the tour. Im not giving them more money until a proper release is done.
  • I'm curious if anyone in the US has been able to preorder. There seems to be NO link for it on the iTunes page and when I follow the links provided by the band it says the item does NOT exist ???
    Color me confused ???
  • ^OMG-I thought it was only me! I check and check on iTunes and nothing. If they pull it, I'll have my little break down and will have to hug a tree and come here for love and comfort.

I know one isn't supposed too-but I get soooooo jealous of the people who live in Europe.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Don't panic. It'll work out. It always works out.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • My guess is that it just has a different release date in the USA.  I've noticed quite a lot of things being released on different days in different countries.  It doesn't seem to make much sense, but perhaps it would make perfect sense to me if I was a record company executive.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!