Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Oh, honey! You don't read enough historical fiction.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Uh, Mrs Thatcher for one.
  • Well said rewak - behind every powerful man there's a woman pulling the strings. There are countless stories of women terrorists or freedom fighters, depending on your perspective, equally as brutal as men.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • PS - you haven't met Mrs Appy either!
  • Appy61 said:

There are countless stories of women...equally as brutal as men.

Thanks to the electric engine starter.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ponygurl said:

What do you think it is WW?! Btw, I really do enjoy talking with you. I can only see from my female perspective. I see (some) men brainwash women into believing they are unstable, emotional creatures while men literally create Hell on Earth over and over again with their Wars.

There is a dark side within the Human male. I have experienced it. I can say "testosterone"...but is that really it?! If emotion is not getting pent up, what is? It can't be sexual in nature can it? I mean men can jerk off whenever they want and release sexual tension. Power and control then? Is it competition amongst males? If a male is smaller or weaker must they make up for it in power? It's just a spiritual shame that all of life suffers during these power struggles. Brute force is so unevolved...and yet still present. Tell me your take on the dark side of males and human nature....I'm interested.

And I you.  I think it is one of the most fascinating differences between men and women that causes a huge portion of mankind's problems.  And, yes, the onus is all on the men and the paradigms that have caused some really terrible behavioural mechanisms to crop.  You see, guys, if they have no wit, get sperm pent up.  Whereas, women, just have this sitting there.  That is a vast difference.  And, unfortunately, the biological needs of the species caused us to build in taboo items, such as, masturbation.  I am absolutely certain that a large portion of the violent nature of the male gender has to do with an unmet physical need to release his sperm.  I think this is so radically different from the female that it is nearly impossible for the female of the species to understand.  It is a physical build up of pressure that will release, like it or not.  But, when it is not released, it will tend to drive a guy crazy.  I am aboslutely certain, also, that testosterone is not the problem.  The build up is also the reason for rape and so many irrational behaviours by men.  Why do men rape women?  Pure and simiple, the release of all of that build up of sperm, and no other acceptable mechanism for the release, since, in many men's mind, masturbation is not even a considertatiion.  Yeah, irrational to the extreme.  But, you see, this really does explain so much.  Why is it that women can take it or leave it and men will go to extraordinary lengths to have sex.  The answer is the egg and the sperm.

On a slightly different, but I think related note, I ran across a PBS special once that was just fascinating to me.  There was this tribe of monkeys (I'm pretty sure it was baboons) in Africa.  Like all primates species, they were run by a group of asshole alpha males.  They wandered into a dump of some sort with a pile of tainted meat.  Well, alpha males, being the amazingly knuckle-dragging assholes that they are, of course, took first rights to the tainted meat.  They all died.  The person studying the tribe was fascinated to find that the tribe did just fine without hat group of alpha males.  In fact, they did so fine and life was so very much better, that whenever some rogue, asshole, self-important, knuckle-dragging, alpha male would come to claim his right over the tribe, they would run 'em out with complete confidence that they were not needed.  The tribe is thriving just fine, thank you.

I truly long for the day that all alpha males are gone from the human species and are replaced with intelligent, decisive male with some character and such attributes as honor, dignity, respect, courtesy, and grace.
  • Ponygurl said:

What do you think it is WW?! Btw, I really do enjoy talking with you. I can only see from my female perspective. I see (some) men brainwash women into believing they are unstable, emotional creatures while men literally create Hell on Earth over and over again with their Wars.

There is a dark side within the Human male. I have experienced it. I can say "testosterone"...but is that really it?! If emotion is not getting pent up, what is? It can't be sexual in nature can it? I mean men can jerk off whenever they want and release sexual tension. Power and control then? Is it competition amongst males? If a male is smaller or weaker must they make up for it in power? It's just a spiritual shame that all of life suffers during these power struggles. Brute force is so unevolved...and yet still present. Tell me your take on the dark side of males and human nature....I'm interested.
    =========================================

And I you.
    On a slightly different, but I think related note, I ran across a PBS special once that was just fascinating to me.  There was this tribe of monkeys (I'm pretty sure it was baboons) in Africa.  Like all primates species, they were run by a group of asshole alpha males.  They wandered into a dump of some sort with a pile of tainted meat.  Well, alpha males, being the amazingly knuckle-dragging assholes that they are, of course, took first rights to the tainted meat.  They all died.  The person studying the tribe was fascinated to find that the tribe did just fine without that group of alpha males.  In fact, they did so fine and life was so very much better, that whenever some rogue, asshole, self-important, knuckle-dragging, alpha male would come to claim his right over the tribe, they would run 'em out with complete confidence that they were not needed.  The tribe is thriving just fine, thank you.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-04-24 15:14:09

• Ponygurl said:

Haha...AGAIN, you guys aren't listening. Did I not just say I was talking about WAR?! When was the last time a woman declared WAR? (Have I made myself clear now? Haha!)

Margaret Thatcher .

And to answer your question about why men make war ? Small willies

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I just LOVE that there is real discussion on this topic. Thankyou for your revelation WW... ;). The war and military mindset is brainwashed into young males. It really doesn't have to be like this though. Here is a clip of the baboon study you referred to WW. So incredibly interesting!!!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • “The ego has learned to be very clever in order to survive. It is capable of resorting to any lengths or ruse of self-deception and camouflage. The world we witness is merely the drama of collective egos acting out on the perceptual stage of form and time. The satisfactions of the ego are more pleasurable and addictive than the preservation of human life, much less dignity.” — David R. Hawkins

Although this seems to be the case, I feel hopeful that this will change.
    U R I E L
  • fuck. i cant stand it.

It's ironic that the phrase "man up" is used to suggest taking responsibility and facing up to something hard.

seems like it would be more appropriate to use it to describe avoidance, denial and special pleading.

PG - I dont know the answer to your question, but refusing to look at reality of male violence sure won't do it

• *snarls in a fierce, yet strangely unthreatening, way*
  • You keep saying 'male' when you describe these aspects of humanity you don't like, but you dismiss any example of a female displaying these very same aspects. Thats your problem all over. There's people and that's it, the sooner you realize that the sooner you can realistically examine ways to avoid these behaviours passing on.
  • I like the cut of your jib rewak, you talk a lot of sense
  • Yay WW and Whisperit (I love you guys) :x! Rewak, don't you ever question the military system? It is a structured hierarchy that promotes killing and violence. They break down the psyche and rebuild it for killing purposes. Are you saying women are the ones in charge of doing that? I don't think so. Across the board even in different cultures, a boy doesn't become a man until a rite of passage...which usually involves some type of inflicted pain. It's the older males brainwashing the younger ones, or intimidating them. The asshole alpha...*searches for tainted meat*...in the bunch.
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!