Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • lol. That's better. Everyone needs a good hug and a picture of a cow full of hot air. I'm sure no innuendo was ever intended. I still haven't fathomed this thing about uploading pics, which is probably a good thing for everyone else cos I'd bore everyone to death with endless random stuff that amuses me but which prob needs psychoanalysis....but hey, I'm very chuffed that others are willing and able to share their madness.
    Re the theme of this thread- my toe still hurts ( broke it a fortnight ago) and I'm cheesed off that this weather is too cold to wear sandals, grrr!! Although I did see an article on AOL recently about socks and sandals being the new celeb trend.....if Alison ever does it I'm outta here.

• The important thing here is, you think young, you stay young. Stay open minded to new things, new ways.  just because it has always been done that way, does not mean it always has to be done that way. Particularly music.  Embrace new music, even if it is to prove the old music is better!

So endeth the first lesson. Go in peace, grasshopper.

and that from the old curmudgeon himself! Curmudgeon that would be a good word for another thread.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • KatRobin said:

Although I did see an article on AOL recently about socks and sandals being the new celeb trend.

No , just no . Probably a fucking Paltrow thing , bloody hippy hipster .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-04-28 13:48:57
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  •  Feeling bloody funkytastic today , episode of The Mentalist and 2 of GOT to watch , enough meat to kill a lion and some chocolate ready for the escalator to my gullet . 
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Feeling kind of bluuuurgh this am, having just woken up in a v nice Hilton hotel, where the bed is fantastic but the plumbing....! Cath hasn't,t seen the Film Brazil, so I've just bought that on eBay! I've been expecting fiendish pipes to drop from the ceiling all night, haven't slept a wink! Expecting a nice breakfast tho.....
  • ^ looooove brazil :)
  • This one's called 'Cool Your Jets,' PoGu.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Feeling v excited today as Cath and I have been preparing my artwork for an exhibition in two weeks time. It's a little local gallery, but a really funky space and run by a lovely couple. I'll post a link on the relevant discussion thread when I've uploaded my work to Cath's site. This will be my first exhibition...oooo! Soo excited!
  • Bloody spaffing great . Made myself laugh with Photoshop all afternoon , won 3 games of Battlefield and its baked potato for tea .  
  • KatRobin said:

This will be my first exhibition...oooo! Soo excited!

Congratulations and best of luck!  When you say the appropriate thread, what do you have in mind?  New thread or "The Gallery - your art for our consumption" or something else?  I'm just asking because I don't always check all threads.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-05-12 18:18:58
  • Cool Kat! We should prob have an art appreciation thread too, maybe somewhere where we could discuss our own artistic influences or personal faves? Not sure it would get much action though (?)

Just checked Alison's tweeter and read about Cindy Sherman. Sent me on a thought tangent. Women wear makeup to appear more attractive to men. Yet, in the animal kingdom, the male of the species struts and preens to attract the female..and is usually the more brightly colored. I wondered why it seems to be reversed in the human species?
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • You don't think guys strut and preen?
  • Whickwithy- I'm a bit duh... Slow...getting to grips with technology but yes I'll post some pics on the Your Art For Our Consumption thread....maybe by next week if I'm able!

I think an Art Appreciation thread would be cool ! UT I'm sure you'd be interested too (*)

Ponygurl- I don't wear make-up for 3 reasons, I hate the feel of the stuff, I haven't the time to do it in the mornings! ...and I guess there's a big dollop of the feminist in me, in that I like to be taken at face value, literally. Tho that means the constantly tired washed out look!! I totally understand why other women wear it tho , especially in the public eye. I reckon Alison must still look much younger than her years and fab without it, lucky thing!
  • Between a rock and a hard place, with a cliff in front. Could dive off the cliff but what lays down there? Fluffy pillows or jagged spikes? Maybe getting my brain splattered on the rocks wouldn't be so terrible. I'm talking bollocks now.
  • Rewak, darling, I know what you are saying. You are asking for direction. None of the paths look that inviting, so why not just end it altogether...right? That's when you CREATE your own path. I know it's even harder without loving support. I get stuck too. You desperately need a positive change in direction. We ALL do from time to time. Hang in there sweetheart..xo
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!