Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • I'll get mi coat!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Matthew 5.5. Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the Earth. (After all the testosterone filled toss pots have fucked it over and killed each other). One of the things I always respected in Star Trek was the hope it portrayed that one day, mankind would put all it's difference behind it and forge a moral, equalitarianism society, without discrimination of race or sex (apart from the mini skirts on the girls of course), and eradicating hunger and poverty through technology. A technology they then exported to the cosmos in a quest for exploration and friendship, oh and conflict with the Klingons and Romulans etc and anyone else who resisted.
    Maybe it wasI just because I liked seeing Will Shatner in a corset! Oh, and Spock's ears; they were cute.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Sorry for trivialising the tone this thread had taken last night with my happy ramblings. Having just read what preceded it, all I can say is I sympathise Ponygurl and think your installation sounds like a great idea. I've mulled over this gender / violence debate for years and the only thing I do know for sure is that women can match men in the psychological violence stakes for sure ( and I'm not talking in some bitter personal way about ex es, I mean in a far bigger social and political sense). Those pictures of slaughtered "trophy" animals sicken me to the core and just make me ashamed to be part of the human race. If I think about it too often it makes me deeply depressed, which then makes me despise myself too, cos while us sensitive types run away from the issues in the name of self-protection, then the apathy and status quo continue...it's a vicious circle and I ( I can only speak for myself) just end up getting more and more upset about my own hypocrisy and weakness, then more depressed.... Oh to have a Justin Bieber brain and not give a flying f about anything. I need more champers ( and fluffiness).
  • The tone needs a bit of lightening up.  It's an evil world with a lot of suffering.  A good argument against the existence of God.
    Try this with a fluffy cat and a pigeon in it.  Look away towards the end though !
    Sorry !  My bad.  Couldn't resist.

• ( I'm not saying any names ^ , but it looks like someone needs to go fuck a landmine )
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • PG. I am disappointed your buttons are so easily pressed without even trying.
    Looking back through the last few days of this thread, it seems you have been on a campaign of how aggressive men are; how they are responsible of all the wars and evil in the world, which has then partly been evidenced by posts from others of the pictures of male hunters taking pleasure at slaying defenceless animals. Then the sudden conversion to the Amazonian view with the suggestion I go and fuck a land mine. Seems classical passive-aggressive behaviour to me. Personally, I have never hunted an animal in my life, and I believe in free speech, and defiantly have a make love, not war policy (although, obviously in our case, not to each other).
    In the words of Spock; Live long and prosper!
    Preferred our conversations about films!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-27 08:24:59
  • Anyone for bolly? 8-} Or a hug? :-?? Hmmm? (((((()))))))
  • After all, World War 3 was mentioned in the news on Friday night.... As if I needed an excuse to get me corkscrew out. :O
  • Kat. The more you post, the more I like you and the way you think !
    I too intend to get some 'light' refreshment later. Not sure about the bolly though. Is this Bollywood or a chilled Bollinger? The latter I could definatley give a home to.
  • i like a bolly. both the film and booze kind :) 
  • Ah, that's more like it.  Nice idle chat about drinking and films and all a bit less 'snippy'.
    Here's a picture I took of a hot air balloon shaped like a cow.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-27 14:04:47
  • Nice huh?  that's better.  Wonderful udders.  If you look carefully, thats the gondala hanging immediatley in front of them to give an idea of scale.  Here is the same balloon from the ground. 
    There.  All relaxed.  Ahhh !
  • I feel old today :-L
  • Low testosterone?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I never think old.  I get more niggly little aches and pains as the years go by but I never allow myself to think old. We play a game when we are out where I will say to Mrs T, 'see that chap over there?' and she will say, 'what the old looking guy,?' and I say 'yep, he was the year below me at school'. 'No way !' 'Yes, way'.

The important thing here is, you think young, you stay young. Stay open minded to new things, new ways.  just because it has always been done that way, does not mean it always has to be done that way. Particularly music.  Embrace new music, even if it is to prove the old music is better!

So endeth the first lesson. Go in peace, grasshopper.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!