Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Safe seemed like a work of propaganda by the most unlikely perpetrator. Did the chemical industry buy him out, or something?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • no that's the content...the underlying theme...same gut wrench 
  • I haven't watched it from beginning to end. From the bits I've seen, I got the impression that he was making her out to be a nut job.
  • well than you can't comment ;) HAHAHA heet me
  • I don't understand. Why not?
  • :) kidding

• Whew! I thought I'd broken the rules or something.
  • You know me too well, Stevil.
  • i do :)
  • Safety Not Guaranteed

Lovely little movie
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • I have to say, sometimes my life gets a bit surreal. The annual film fest is in town and Susan Sarandon is here. I was bummed because I didn't get a chance to meet her, so I decide to meet friends at the local hotel for drinks. I'm sitting on the outside patio area and I recognize the guy sitting next to us. It's Paul Sorvino and director Dave Rodriguez! They're there with family and we start chatting...then Paul starts singing Opera! Interesting night.

Anywho, I'm a little disappointed with what I've seen so far at the film fest. "Ida" and "The Double" both had the same remarkably bad ending. Watched "Copenhagen" today..it was alright. Just not impressed thus far. To top it off I get this email about women in the industry-

"Despite a couple of producer or co-producer credits on films like The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, American Hustle, and Her; and Frozen being co-directed by Jennifer Lee, 2013 marked a dismal year for women in behind-the-scenes jobs on the top 250 grossing movies. A recent survey found that women comprised only 16% of the directors, writers, producers, editors, and cinematographers—that’s actually lower than it was in 1998. And only 6% of the top films last year were directed by women, down from 9%. "

Man, the ladies need to start kicking some ass!!!!!!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-04-11 22:22:45
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  •  Watched "John Dies At The End" last night - bits of "Bill & Ted" & a smidgen of Cronenburgs "Videodrome" weirdness , overall I enjoyed it .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
    • Grand Budapest Hotel: Go, watch!!
    • Long Way Down: Rather go, read.
    Up next: Lego Movie, Her
    Be patient.
  • Dreeke said:

Safety Not Guaranteed

Lovely little movie

Yes indeed! Just don't let your imaginations and expectations go too far/high...
    Be patient.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!