Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp at Glastonbury!
  • 163 Comments sorted by
  • Re singing the Utopia intro. They have played Utopia virtually every time I have seen them, and it is always Alison does the operatic part, then the spoken part then into the rest of the song. This is not how the song is in reality and we are talking about professionals here so I doubt they are really happy with it like that, being so precise in the sound of every other part of their performance. (Note other comments about people looking for lip syncing as the performances are so near perfect to the recordings). Alison cannot sing both parts together, so the obvious answer is record one, and recording the harder part just makes sense, especially when it is being used as an opening No as it was at Glastonbury. Would you want to go out and that part be the first thing you sang? Obviously she can do it, as she does it at the end. Just common sense IMHO.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hellooooooo!
    Finally managed to get on a computer and say hi to you all.  Well, what a weekend that was! All of you have seen the video now I'd imagine, all I can add was that the atmosphere was incredible.  It was a bit subdued at first (but then I guess that's expected with the setlist) but it properly went OFF from Little Bird onwards really.  Incredible.  The band seemed to really love it and you could tell they were a little bit in awe of the crowd they'd managed to gather.  The sound of the set is completely different listening to it back through the medium of TV.  The bass was SO heavy when you were there, loads of people were getting earplugs off the security down the front.  Alison's fingers in ears moments happened every time it became a bit relentless, but it felt so good to have that bass rippling through every bit of me! Just spurred on my amazing dance moves haha. 

Anyway, now that I'm an international TV superstar I don't really have time to talk to you all anymore... 

Haha! Don't worry, I'd never forget my biggest fans ;) 
  • Hope u all liked our Rainbow flag centre stage :) 4 of us wore fake moustaches & gave the band lots of support. Got a tad excited & screamed for Angie when she came on. :) Lol. It was a total mud bath but worth it :) We binned our stuff after it was so caked in it. :( Mud... Mud... Mud....
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2014-07-06 19:35:24
    Music Junkie
  • Can't find anything online at the moment...did anyone else hear this?
  • Post edited by LittleBird at 2014-04-04 03:17:32
  • It's true! I'll be there, down the front! WHOOOOP.
  • It's true! I'll be there, down the front! WHOOOOP.

Good girl! Massive Attack too, another of my favs :)
  • Yep.  I've a feeling it's going to be epic.  It'll be weird as I'm going aaaaaaaall by myyyyyseeeeelf... but at least then I guess I can go to see the people I want to see! 
  • the tickets ... sold out ???
  • They sell out within an hour of going on sale.  There'll be a resale on the 27th of April, but you need to be registered etc.  
  • I'm registering
  • Glastonbury FB page updated this morning. Way down the list so don't expect a big set.
    Not a bad line up and think Dolly Parton will be an absolute blast
  • Giancarlo said:

I'm registering

Good luck! Have you been to Glastonbury before Giancarlo?! lol
  • no, never, I just have the DVD of one in the past with Goldfrapp.
    It seems a very big event ...
  • The list on the website isn't really indicative of where they'll be on the line up.  I think in 2008 they were third from top (the Verve headlined, then Leonard Cohen, then the frapp underneath them) and that was on the Pyramid stage.  I can't see them moving down the bill, and I think the Eavis' are fans, maybe its a somerset connection, who knows? I'm hoping they'll move up a place but be on the other stage... It's unlikely but they need a bit of darkness so they can bring out their light show (*keeps everything crossed*)

Giancarlo... the tickets are like gold dust.  I'll be trying in the resale for a couple of friends but don't hold out any hope what so ever.  This is my 8th year running and I couldn't get tickets in the general sale back in October, had to call a random on Twitter with my details so he could get mine for me! haha! 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!