Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Brighton Dome gig - 29 March 2014
  • 222 Comments sorted by
  • You'll be fine, scifi_lullaby.

The final trains are 23:05, 23:11, and 23:37.
    The show will probably end between 22:30-22:45 and the station is 15-20 minutes away of (relaxed) walk.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Our friend Alice is selling her spare ticket, an E39 for Brighton Dome
    for £30! Let me know if you're interested. ;)
  • Hey, just seen the posts on Facebook but given that I don't really want to discuss this on there...

Sorry to hear about you & George, Sally...!!  xo
    Post edited by CaravanGirl at 2014-03-24 15:36:04
  • Hello all,

New to the forum.  I'm travelling from the States to London and I'm planning to come down to Brighton to see Goldfrapp.  I'm staying in London, never been down to Brighton, not planning to stay the night there.  Looks like trains shut down around 11pm.  Trying to figure out how late the show might go -- is there a curfew there -- and what other advice locals may have about getting there and back and the area in general.

thanks  :)

Hey, are you reeeaally sure you don't wanna stay in Brighton? ;) The train ride to London is about 1 hour, but...just seems a bit faffy & stressful? I'll be enjoying the Brighton sea air from Friday 'til Sunday. ;)
    Post edited by CaravanGirl at 2014-03-24 15:40:42
  • Thanks alex_f and CaravanGirl, very helpful.

CG, I agree a bit of an ordeal going all the way back to London after the show, but I'm splitting a room with a friend there.  We're going to catch Suede in Oxford on Friday then again at RAH on Sunday for the Dog Man Star 20th Anniversary show, so I couldn't see paying for another room in Brighton.  Sounds nice though.

I couldn't convince him to make the trip down for Goldfrapp, but I couldn't pass it up.  Every time they tour the States something always seems to come up and I miss them.  Only time I've had a chance to see Goldfrapp is at Coachella for Seventh Tree and it was great (despite some technical difficulties at the start), but that's not really a proper gig.  So really looking forward to this!
  • You're in for a treat! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Hello all,

New to the forum.  I'm travelling from the States to London and I'm planning to come down to Brighton to see Goldfrapp.  I'm staying in London, never been down to Brighton, not planning to stay the night there.  Looks like trains shut down around 11pm.  Trying to figure out how late the show might go -- is there a curfew there -- and what other advice locals may have about getting there and back and the area in general.

thanks  :)

Hi. It appears the last train to London leaves at 11.05pm and wouldn't arrive until 00.41 but it also looks like there is engineering works which means a bus for at least part of the journey - see http://www.nationalrail.co.uk Correction - Alex is correct, there are later trains doh!

The curfew is usually/typically 11.00pm and if Birmingham is anything to go by then timings will be along the lines:-
    Doors - 7pm
    Support 8pm - 8.30pm
    Interval 8.30pm - 9pm
    Goldfrapp 9pm (end time approx. 10.30pm)

There is also a National Express coach leaving for London at 11.30pm and takes 1:35 - http://www.nationalexpress.com

Hope that helps and hopefully see you in Brighton.

Mark

Post edited by st185cs at 2014-03-24 18:18:23
  • Thanks Mark. Good callout on the engineering works. Looks like I'd be paying for train service and getting bus for at least part with duration same as the National Express coach. Looking like this will be a 2 hour ride.

Bus would go to the Pier from what I am reading, but per Google maps about the same walk to the Dome, do I have that right?

Am I liable to get mugged walking back to my hotel from Victoria station at 1am? Staying in more of a touristy area from the look of it.
  • I think bustitution is only on Sunday, not Saturday.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Our friend Alice is selling her spare ticket, an E39 for Brighton Dome
    for £30! Let me know if you're interested. ;)

Caravan Girl, I'd be interested in your friend's E39 ticket. I sent you a PM.

I thought I had something lined up on Stubhub, but turns out they don't have any e-tickets available for this show, only UPS delivery which presents its own challenges for me and more money.

Post edited by scifi_lullaby at 2014-03-24 23:21:30
  • PM for you, scifi_lullaby! ;)
  • Just had a PM from Lisa Gunning, confirming she will be at the Brighton gig too. :-)

Not too surprising, but I'm chuffed she takes the time to respond to me and doesn't think I'm some nutjob.

Yes, i am aware that that conclusion does not exactly follow.
  • A copy-and-paste of the table from the opening post. Not long now! :-) Any updates needed?

Where people are sitting... and staying:

8bitcruncherStalls B 44
    aaronnnxStalls E 44Kings hotel
    alex_fStalls A 44Ibis
    CaravanGirlStalls C 43Brighton House HotelArr. Friday
    chokkaStalls E
    dcbaxterStalls C 42Travelodge
    DreekeStalls C 32,33TravelodgeArr. Friday
    Fenlander62Stalls G 35Atlantic Seafront hotel
    GiancarloStalls E 41New Madeira
    Halloween_JackStalls G 34w/friendsArr. Friday
    KeithJ_gmbStalls J 36Hotel NeoArr. Friday
    LauraStalls J 35w/friends
    NovaLasingStalls C 34,35
    paolotCircle E
    paulnStalls B 30
    PookaStalls D 40-43
    st185csStalls D 31,32Ibis
    thathurtStalls B 54Shit piece St James area
    tweetyCircle A 15,16Seafront Travelodge
    UltraukStalls A 45,46
    UnaStalls D 44Hotel Una!Arr. Friday
    VisualFallacyStalls E 36,37IbisArr. Friday
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-26 19:50:35
  • Just had a PM from Lisa Gunning, confirming she will be at the Brighton gig too. :-)

Not too surprising, but I'm chuffed she takes the time to respond to me and doesn't think I'm some nutjob.

Double sweet! ;)

So...are we using here or the gig thing on FB to arrange for stuff, meet-ups, etc.?

• I'm not on FB so I'd appreciate any thoughts about the time/place of the pre-gig meetings to be posted here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!