Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • Did you enjoy it? It was an interesting experience watching it being filmed, but I don't think i'd want to do it again. I'd rather just see them perform at a normal concert.
  • Almanac said:

Did you enjoy it? It was an interesting experience watching it being filmed, but I don't think i'd want to do it again. I'd rather just see them perform at a normal concert.

I did, but then I've seen them in concert many, many times.  So for me it wasn't really about seeing them live, it was about being there for something that I'll never be able to repeat.  I am sad that I haven't seen the films as a consequence but hopefully I'll get to do that at some point!
  • does anyone remember the setlist?
    i cnt wait to see it on Friday!
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • great night yesterday. such a slick production all round :) luckily zero tech issues at stevenage cineworld. the no applause between songs thing? yeah too weird for me. there was the smallest of ripples at the credits but nothing more.
  • aaronnnx said:

does anyone remember the setlist?

Paper Bag
    Utopia
    Clowns
    Clay
    Alvar
    Little Bird
    Lovely Head
    Thea
    Train
    Strict Machine
  • rewak said:

aaronnnx said:

does anyone remember the setlist?

Paper Bag
    Utopia
    Clowns
    Clay
    Alvar
    Little Bird
    Lovely Head
    Thea
    Train
    Strict Machine

Thanks rewak!
    I'm surprised there is nothing from Supernature. i was expecting You Never Know or Ooh La La
    glad to see paper bag back :)
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • PS: Alex, am still chuckling at your interpretation of the count-down timer... 9:00.. 8:00.. Not start times! Lol :-)

Epic brain fart  :D
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-05 09:37:48
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Sorry to be a pest, can someone tell me the order the films came in please.

Thanks

• Stranger
    Laurel
    Jo
    Drew
    Annabel
  • No sound issues in Clapham. It was virtually sold out except for 1 spare seat. Impressive. Started bang on 7.30pm & only annoying bit was people arriving late. Several people clapping & cheering. Left with a huge grin on my face :)
    Music Junkie
  • Ultrauk said:

No sound issues in Clapham. It was virtually sold out except for 1 spare seat. Impressive. Started bang on 7.30pm & only annoying bit was people arriving late. Several people clapping & cheering. Left with a huge grin on my face :)

oh yeah you can add the pricks in my cinema who thought it fine to turn up halfway through jo or annabel to that list
  • Pure magic. What a night. It MUST be released on DVD. Look at all the people on here saying so. ASAP PLEASE.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I am sad that I haven't seen the films as a consequence but hopefully I'll get to do that at some point!

Yeah, I hope you do - they are pretty awesome, especially 'Jo'.

It would also be good if you could see the live show as we did. Yes, of course you were there at the actual event (ME=JEALOUS!!) but I think you'd appreciate some of the effects and camera-work as we saw them.. a lot of planning and work obviously went into that side of things. Hopefully a disc release will be forthcoming!

PS: did you take any piccies of anyone? eg Angie?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-05 09:48:28
  • I did take a couple right at the very end but it was all really rushed (vodka cocktails and not being allowed to leave a room for an hour means there was a rush for the ladies at the end!) I also don't know how to show them on here, and they're pretty rubbish, More memory photos than anything else!
  • Glad to read about the enjoyment of The event , sadly I couldn't attend , a bout of gastro enteritis made my plans for me . It does give me cheer that it was well received .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!