Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • Just back from a packed out Leeds screening.  Loved it.
  • Loved it - made for a nice cosy night out....in.

Or should that be night night in.....out?

Aaaaanyway, it's amazing the way you spot things that have been starting you in the face. Only realised seeing it on the big screen about the salamander in the jar during Annabel. So obvious but only twigged tonight.

The end of stranger is glorious too - that necklace and the "Alison! Nooooooo!" finale.

On the live front they really pushed Little Bird out into Led Zep land, didn't they! :D

Between the MIF shows, the album itself, this and the tour to come it's being a great album era for sure.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Well Vue in Oxford was moved from Screen 1 to screen 6. Don't know if it was smaller as never been there before. Max of 40 people in the place. Hope other places were better supported. It has to be released on DVD or something, whole thing was wonderful. Loved the quote at start of Alvar, "it's about Iceland, the country, not the supermarket" Classic.
    Post edited by peterofbrill at 2014-03-04 16:37:38
  • Just back from Cheltenham Cineworld......utterly ruined :-((
    No video to stranger then constant streaming problems, kept freezing, no sound just awful.
    Maybe it would get better for the live performance but no sadly it got worse and worse to the point I actually burst into tears (through disappointment and also as half the cinema had walked out)
    By the end those of us left just laughed hysterically and kept singing the bits where the sound went.
    We were given a refund and a free ticket but will never make up for what we missed :(

Soooooooooo sad to hear that! They don't make up for it but big hugs from me :o(
  • Oh that's bad, we had a blip in Stranger and a couple of times you couldn't hear the singing, but not that noticeable. Poor you.
  • Well Vue in Oxford was moved from Screen 1 to screen 6. Don't know if it was smaller as never been there before. Max of 40 people in the place. Hope other places were better supported. It has to be released on DVD or something, whole thing was wonderful. Loved the quote at start of Alvar, "it's about Iceland, the country, not the supermarket" Classic.

I had a chat with some of the ones in our screening. I think with the band being who they are and it being a week night the screens were never going to all be full but those that went really wanted to be there so that makes for a more personal evening.
  • Just so gutted as my parents and my cousin had come along and they were looking forward to it too. Really annoying thing is I had a ticket for Bristol but went to Chelt as closer....of course no problems in Bristol! Got stingy eyes now :(
  • Did anyone else get sound problems? No sound at all for the first film,Stranger?, down here in the Odeon,Bournemouth.Sat watching two young ladies getting it on with no sound isn't my idea of fun.
    After that all ok.Could have done with being louder.Live gig from Air was great.Wasn't packed out though.Probably about 20-30 people.We did try and get some atmosphere going by clapping/cheering between songs.
    Interesting concept though.Wonder if any other artists might do something similar.
    Can't wait for live gigs now.
  • Went to Glasgow Cineworld to watch. What a shambles. Started st 8pm, no films. Seen the live show then credits. Manager showed up 15 minutes later and said there had been 'technical' problems with the films. Not pleased.
  • Sorry to hear you had problems littlebird.

Carpy, its floyd, not zep!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • johnmackc said:

Went to Glasgow Cineworld to watch. What a shambles. Started st 8pm, no films. Seen the live show then credits. Manager showed up 15 minutes later and said there had been 'technical' problems with the films. Not pleased.

Seems very up and down - ours in Gateshead was bang on all the way through.

Sounds like the stream outwards from centrally was fine and it's a cinema level good/bad thing?
  • Perfect at Milton Keynes; judging by film content Lisa and Alison are well-matched........tremendous live session; fantastic sound quality; can't wait for Brighton and York......tho' it can't be any better......there'll be a DVD surely.......... 
  • Stratford with Pete and his flatmate - who made the right decision to sit in the front row and thus be overwhelmed by vision and sound. Nowhere near packed out - maybe half full? with most of the people at the back. Not a bad atmosphere considering. Nobody quite knew how, or when, or IF, to applaud: faint ripples from time to time. Wonder what the atmosphere was like in Air Studios - cue V_F ....

So sorry for all those people who had problems: we were lucky and it all worked (couple of stage blips with us only - deffo lucky).

Loved the films - Lisa is very talented. I'd only seen Drew before and seeing the rest of them was fabulous. Like others have said,  the ending to Stranger was a great "Alison!!! NOOOOO!!!" moment. Loved Annabel and the boy in it was as good as everybody said.

Love to hear what Alison and Lisa thought ....
  • I'm trying to remember everything whilst remembering nothing at all! It was incredible. There was a real sense of being there for something that will never be repeated. We didn't get to see the film section and had to be deathly silent whilst the band played... Do you know how hard it is not to clap?!?! We were sat on the balcony in front and to the left of Alison (if you had her POV) and everyone was really respectful, even though a lot of people were clearly not massive fans, which made for a nice change (them being respectful that is!).

Spoke to Lisa before the show and then after Will and Charlie were there as I went to the toilet! It was incredible. Never ever going to get that up close again. So chuffed.
  • perfect in High Wycombe...about 20 people......want one of the posters now
    Post edited by nuwebb at 2014-03-04 17:00:35

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!