Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • Pancakes done. Cinema here I come!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Ok, so in Odeon Covent Garden the event was downgraded from screen 1 to smaller screen 2 - with all seating being free for all... I'm not happy :-/
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • The movie screen cannot decide in time of the event - so far it has shown all times from 22:00 to 17:00 :-/

I hope it's 20:00!
  • Lol, I'm so stupid - it's the countdown clock.

Edit:
    Wow, I'm so lame - I'm almost impressed with my own stupidity!!
    Post edited by alex_f at 2014-03-04 14:20:02
  • I think the "starts in" gives it away Alex!

Is about half full here in cinema city norwich
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Phew, just made it! Starts in: 1:08
  • Just seen Angie :) :) :)
  • Oh and had a chat with Lisa at the bar earlier!
  • I made it avec 20 seconds to spare. Standard. I liked the performance, the lighting, the visuals during Thea. Anyone know why there was a pile of chairs behind the band at one point?

^did you kidnap Angie?
  • I think they had lost their table
    Post edited by tweety at 2014-03-04 16:25:19
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Just seen Angie :) :) :)

Yeah, like that wasn't always liable to happen! ;)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Just back from Cheltenham Cineworld......utterly ruined :-((
    No video to stranger then constant streaming problems, kept freezing, no sound just awful.
    Maybe it would get better for the live performance but no sadly it got worse and worse to the point I actually burst into tears (through disappointment and also as half the cinema had walked out)
    By the end those of us left just laughed hysterically and kept singing the bits where the sound went.
    We were given a refund and a free ticket but will never make up for what we missed :(
  • Just back from a packed out Leeds screening.  Loved it.
  • Loved it - made for a nice cosy night out....in.

Or should that be night night in.....out?

Aaaaanyway, it's amazing the way you spot things that have been starting you in the face. Only realised seeing it on the big screen about the salamander in the jar during Annabel. So obvious but only twigged tonight.

The end of stranger is glorious too - that necklace and the "Alison! Nooooooo!" finale.

On the live front they really pushed Little Bird out into Led Zep land, didn't they! :D

Between the MIF shows, the album itself, this and the tour to come it's being a great album era for sure.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Well Vue in Oxford was moved from Screen 1 to screen 6. Don't know if it was smaller as never been there before. Max of 40 people in the place. Hope other places were better supported. It has to be released on DVD or something, whole thing was wonderful. Loved the quote at start of Alvar, "it's about Iceland, the country, not the supermarket" Classic.
    Post edited by peterofbrill at 2014-03-04 16:37:38

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!