Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Ponygurl said:

1. ..but isn't it such a bummer to have to play the pronoun game or miss family invites just because you're gay? Who the hell wants to hide who they are?! It creates suffering in my opinion.

But my point is that it shouldn't matter. Do you have to make a special announcement to explain your preferences in food, music, or literature? In a mate's hair color, height, or build?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Yes, it shouldn't matter...but unfortunately it does. These fuckers that hate want to classify homosexuals as deviants. Until they realize it's their own sons, daughters, co-workers, etc. who are gay..they will continue to discriminate.

Btw..I like Italian food, Goldfrapp and classic literature.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • You're right, but I won't pander to bigotry by giving it an apology or an excuse, or by attending its debutante ball.
  • Ah, debutantes and their balls..never to be sure which will be unveiled first.
    U R I E L
  • I honestly do not care about someones sexuality. As long as someone is ok with me, I will be ok back. I do not care what they look like or anything. With all the troublesome people who are in my life i welcome any decent person.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

• cw37frapp said:

I honestly do not care about someones sexuality. As long as someone is ok with me, I will be ok back. I do not care what they look like or anything.

I second that.  It really shouldn't be news and, some day, it won't be.  I do think, though, that some people feel relieved to say it and have it out in the open.  It seems a catch-22 to me and terribly silly.  If youd don't announce it to the world, you feel like you are hiding it!??!!  Sad.  As Iuv said, it just shouldn't be that big of a deal.  The only time it should come up is if someone is making moves that one doesn't want.  Of course, one has the option of just saying, "get lost", instead.
  • The only time it should come up is if someone is making moves that one doesn't want.

Is that even a straight vs gay issue though?

• cw37frapp said:

I honestly do not care about someones sexuality. As long as someone is ok with me, I will be ok back. I do not care what they look like or anything.

I second that.  It really shouldn't be news and, some day, it won't be.  I do think, though, that some people feel relieved to say it and have it out in the open.  It seems a catch-22 to me and terribly silly.  If youd don't announce it to the world, you feel like you are hiding it!??!!  Sad.  As Iuv said, it just shouldn't be that big of a deal.  The only time it should come up is if someone is making moves that one doesn't want.  Of course, one has the option of just saying, "get lost", instead.

An author whose work I really appreciate and hold dear , namely Clive Barker , spake of his `love that dare not say its name` , more as a mere storytelling detail as part of a conversation in an article rather than it being a big `coming out of the closet` thing * . And that , is what I would hope it ("coming out") turns into , a mere detail of a persons life rather than it defining them . I find it slightly annoying that peoples lives are just gossip , not news but gossip , front page of the gossip rags one day , chip paper the next but always with the tag "Gay" attached to any note of them in future.
     To note that I didn`t sleepwalk through threads (a doff of my cap to Iuv`s pics in the rant thread a while back), people starving to death in Syria (etc etc etc) is and should be news , as long as coming out is made a media frenzy for stars , it makes coming out a big deal and further holds back a state of sexuality being a non-issue . That said , what the fuck do I know , I`m an otters pouch sort of guy . 

* contains parts that made me feel like Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde for one sentence...but with terrible grammar
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-02-18 20:57:46
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I was over in the States when Ellen came out and visited Disneyland the next day and they had a new ride with her chops all over it , after hearing some of the shite on the radio that night , I half expected it to be burnt down by the time we got there .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • You are one dirty gin sot, Sard.

:x
  • Umm...did anybody realize Ellen Page was speaking at Time to THRIVE, a conference to promote the welfare of LGBT youth? Probably not. If I'm going to get kicked out of my house and told I'm going to burn in Hell, I'd rather it be for my supernatural powers than for being Gay.

*Goes to dig out buried copy of Whip It*. Whip it good.
    U R I E L
  • iuventus said:

The only time it should come up is if someone is making moves that one doesn't want.

Is that even a straight vs gay issue though?

That's why I said that "get lost" works just as well.  Hmmmm, maybe a gentler blowoff would be in order, though.  I really don't like having to shut someone down, no matter the gender.  When they don't get it, though, it can really get annoying.
  • ^ That's when you say.."Does this bump on my lip look like herpes to you?" ..then keep touching your mouth.

Come on then...let's all think of more blowoff lines!
    U R I E L
  • I've always thought that 'no, thank you' was adequate.
  • You're right. A lack of sense of humor would send anybody fleeing... :P
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!