Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Sad to hear that, Helen. Hope you're feeling relatively OK today...
  • Well its been a very up and down week for me. Started off OK but plunged the depths of shiteness middle of the week with the death of a friend. Struggled to get through work Thursday due to that. Luckily had a gig that night and cheered me up a treat with fab music and company (shame the weather slashed it down making for a horrendous car journey).
    Tired at work today due to getting home at 1AM and still being at work for 8.30. Managed to burn my hand on the hot water from our drinks machine and had to sit with a bandaged hand at work for the rest of the day. 
    Stayed later at work because of so much work to do and not being in on Monday. Started to look like a car crash victim by the end of the day with my hand and looking like Id been dragged through a hedge backwards. Sooo tired by the time I got home and then got the two bob bits after having a reaction form whatever the stinky stuff was that was in the gel bandage. Serious ring sting now because of it :(
    Perked up a bit a few minutes ago as have Monday to look forward to with retail therapy and wonderful Ms Calvi in the evening. Life aint so bad after all 
    ;;)
  • Swings and roundabouts eh Bells? How much they jerk you around just depends how strong the wind is and it has been very windy this week.
  • Man I'm sore. I decided to hit the clubs last night and had one too many lemon drop shots..without the rim of sugar, Thankyou very much. Then I decided to have an "International Kissing Contest." That's where I French kiss as many races as I can find. Btw, the Asian won.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Very happy. Mainly because of yesterday. And my Dad has been today. To give my youngest her Birthday present. All went well. Almost like old times. Best not say that too much. Things are not settled just yet.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Not had a good day at all. Nearly came to blows with one of my managers over work stuff and them quite frankly taking the piss with what next project they want me to do.
    Had to hold back the tears most of the morning and it wound me up so much I thought I was going to be sick. No joke I was shaking all over. Thats not done my depression and anxiety any good. Really dont want to go into work tomorrow.
    Get home and find out the hospital has cancelled my dads operation AGAIN the c**ts!!
    To top it all the only thing that would have cheered me up today was going to the BFI showing tonight but no, couldnt go.
    Think I might take up drugs or something and get off my face for what its all worth 
    :((
  • You have my sympathy. Try whatever your fave hot drink is. Relax and listen to Frapp and a bit of Anna. Hope you feel better and have a good day tomorrow.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • ^
    Thanks. Better day today at work. Treated myself to Anna Calvis limited edition box set which has the CD album, vinyl which has two unreleased tracks which also come on MP3 download which will listen to over the weekend and all comes in a lovely little One Breath box :)
  • Happy Valentine's to any lonely heart. I dedicate this groovy 70's classic to you. Don't let the mustaches scare you. Sit back on your bean bag chair, watch your lava lamp and enjoy........
    U R I E L
  • ^ I don't have the caps to express how AWESOMEthat video is!
    I haven't heard that song since...Gawd, i don't even know. And i have NEVER seen the video. What a fantastic Valentine, pretty Pony! LOVED it.
    I'd wanna be the drummer. Which one would you be :D
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-02-14 22:45:48
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Very stressed. Been huuuuuge arguments in my family because of my eldest. She put my Mam and her fellas contact details on a social network site. They have had prank calls. All kicked off. I admit she causes trouble all the piggin time. Seems to get a kick out of it. Feeling a touch better right now because i am having some= Me time. And looking forward to our Cup match tomorrow. It is a shame because we were all going through a good period. Knew trouble would hit the fan, Or whatever the saying is.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • A_is_A said:

^ I don't have the caps to express how AWESOMEthat video is!
    I haven't heard that song since...Gawd, i don't even know. And i have NEVER seen the video. What a fantastic Valentine, pretty Pony! LOVED it.
    I'd wanna be the drummer. Which one would you be :D

Haha, I like your suspenders! I'd be the dude playing the synth. Not only because I'm wearing a big-ass turquoise ring on my index finger, but I have dreamy blue eyes with which I can give a blank stare..heehee. I'm glad you liked it M.. :D ..I hadn't seen the video before either. The song fit my feeling.
    U R I E L
  • Ok iuventus..why are you so sensitive about coming out of the closet issues?

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-02-17 20:31:48
    U R I E L
  • Aargh! Blech! I just woke up.

1. We shouldn't have to come out. There's shouldn't be a such thing. It's about as important as a Coke or Pepsi preference; although, I must admit that I once derided a drinker of RC Cola. It is simply no one's business what I do with my genitals--except Sartori, of course.

2. It seems that the only time these celebrities come out is a) AFTER they've already made millions; so, their livelihoods, and lives, are under no threat, and b) when a magazine is about to print an article outing them. Then, we laud them their bravery. Meanwhile, we loving, hardworking peons, who haven't whored ourselves via Madame Hollywood into the pockets of the working class, must continue to suffer the fear of losing our jobs, homes, families, etc.

Fuck that!
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-02-17 20:55:37
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • 1. ..but isn't it such a bummer to have to play the pronoun game or miss family invites just because you're gay? Who the hell wants to hide who they are?! It creates suffering in my opinion. Although I know certain workplaces can be ummmm....challenging.

2. I remember (when I was quite young) an incident my sis had with George Michael. She used to do some modeling in Miami. Well after one of his concerts some of the models were hired to be photographed getting into a limo with him. She said once they were inside, he started totally making out with some dude! I didn't believe it, until later. I think that's what pisses me off to some extent about celebrities. It's the secrets others have to keep. It's terribly unhealthy for everyone involved.

U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!