Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Dear, my sense of humor is what draws them to me.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ponygurl said:

Umm...did anybody realize Ellen Page was speaking at Time to THRIVE, a conference to promote the welfare of LGBT youth? Probably not. If I'm going to get kicked out of my house and told I'm going to burn in Hell, I'd rather it be for my supernatural powers than for being Gay.

*Goes to dig out buried copy of Whip It*. Whip it good.

Yes , I did notice that , it is somewhat of a paradox to my thinking but only in the short frame of time - the impact of her speech would be quite touching and empowering to those who attended or even saw the video , I don`t think she did it for any reasons , other than it being a monkey on her back . My post was more about the long term impact of events like that ...but I`d quite happily be challenged to those . 

Don`t quite get the Devo reference , other than Bob Casale passing away yesterday , which made me sad , very sad actually . Anyway , I thought that British MP said you did have supernatural powers and made the weather turn for the worse , I`m sending y`all a bill for my fence ;)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Ponygurl said:

...let's all think of more blowoff lines!

"Would you like to hear my armpit routine?"

• Ponygurl said:

^ That's when you say.."Does this bump on my lip look like herpes to you?" ..then keep touching your mouth.

Come on then...let's all think of more blowoff lines!

One which worked the wrong way when I was 18 -

Young lady - "Do you mind if I sit next to you ?"
    Me - "No you can`t , but you can sit on my face"
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • :-q
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ponygurl said:

Yes.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

Ponygurl said:

Yes.

That's NOT the way it's supposed to go!!!!!  But, since you asked...
  • I know it bugs people on here but, I have got a really heavy cold. I knew it was starting last night. Anyway i will not moan again. I will be tough and carry on regardless.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Relieved to get the OK from my optician after having a painful eye yesterday making it bloodshot and sore. Vision was still blurred to day but he says all is OK and it was a minor infection. A few special eye drops later and much better. 
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2014-02-20 17:19:25
  • That sounds nasty. I would find it a nightmare getting the drops into my eyes. Also i would not be able to put contact lenses in.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • You could drive a railroad spike through my head and i wouldn't even notice.
  • Still got my cold but so what ?. A free day so i am off to Wigan shopping.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Had a really nice night out with the girls but the booze is making me feel like I want to pick a fight with someone mentally and physically. Pent up anger and not felt like that before =))
  • Mixed feelings today. Stuffy nose. My Rugby League team lost. But England RU won their 6 nations match.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Overflowing, in a good way.

Last night had two hours of Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive which, it turns out was sumptuous and intoxicating - Tilda Swinton especially. I've seen other Frappers have watched it too and loved it so that was extra excellent. Always nice to see others having the same fun. {waves at Caro}

This morning I got up to a parcel via Berlin courtesy of Carmen & Tomás from the Argentinian band Mueran Humanos. It was even hand-sent by Tomás himself judging by the post label! Seems to be loads of extra stuff more than expected - they seem to be such lovely people!

This afternoon, one of my favourite musical artists, Devin Townsend, launched a new album pledge thing for a very personal labour-of-love ("Casualties Of Cool") which seems to have exploded beyond all expectation for him to the extent that he already has so much pledge money he's donating to some animal sanctuaries as a bonus! Having been a fan of his for years and having met him a few times I'm really chuffed for him that he can now see how much all us fans love him. Such a true gentleman.

Then this evening (well, the whole of it) subjected myself to the "One Night Stand" event for Nymphomaniac, the new Lars Von Trier 4 hour plus two movie set in the cinema. Bold, bizarre, hilarious, odd, explicit, cold, intriguing, hard, wrong, mesmerising, unwatchable yet impossible to look away. Typical of his work but swerving from brutal to sexually explicit to genuinely hilarious from minute to minute.

As a weekend so far I'm sated and tomorrow I think I'll take time breathe out as Tuesday sees the start of "Frapp Month" with my Manc trip to the Lowry then cinema then gig. After purposefully taking my foot off the Goldfrapp Gas for a few weeks (I'm learning to pace myself, hence the back seat on here for a bit) it's now very much time to accelerate again.

So yeah, how do I feel today?

Full. Wonderfully full.

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2014-02-22 19:02:56
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!