Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • I see even more UK cinemas have been added these past few days, including the Odeon in Dunfermline which is the one nearest my home. However, I've already bought a premium priced ticket for the Cameo in Edinburgh!  Aaargh.

The one saving grace is that work commitments on 4th March meant that it would be something of a rush to get to Edinburgh for the 7.30pm screening. So at least I have an alternative.

A shame for those with no options at all. I just hope that you get good news soon.
  • closest cinema to me showing it is derby or stockport :(
    all the cinemas in stoke-on-trent & not one is showing it :(
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Manchester printworks for me. But worryingly tickets cannot be pre-booked.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I'm still unsure. I'll be going to the L. A. one. I hate it that's gonna be on a weekday. I'll probably be getting home at 11:00 pm and I'd have to get up early for work.
    I told you how I felt the earth could move.
  • I am still having problems about my arrangements. We have to go to Manchester Printworks. My eldest is coming and she will have to stay up way past her normal bed-time. I honestly wish it was on more than 1 particular time. Basically repeated. I know it will end up everywhere anyway. I want the cinema experience of watching Frapp there. Anyway so far, I am still on. Maybe if the site let me pre-book it would make my Mrs say one way or another for certain if our eldest is ok to come.
    Post edited by cw37frapp at 2014-02-19 05:40:13
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I went to an Internet cafe yesterday and printed my Stratford Picturehouse ticket.  It seems more real now.
  • I went to the cinema last night and saw the trailer for it...I nearly screamed the place down lol
  • Past bedtime is a problem? People having to travel for half an hour on the subway a problem?
    Okay, do this: Pretend you live in Australia, Belgium, France, Italy, NZ, Spain or Sweden (or even Norway, like me) - and you need to see this.... Now go to the website and check your options, a mere week before it takes place....

I had actually decided upon travelling to Sweden for this, but how can I even do that, when I need to get plane tickets (disappearing by the hour + getting more and more expensive), arrange for time off from work if possible, get a hotel room...and there are still ZERO details even about which city it will take place in?

Seriously.
    Post edited by CaravanGirl at 2014-02-24 08:47:59
  • A shame for those with no options at all. I just hope that you get good news soon.

Thank you! :)
  • I'd be SO happy to be able to take part in this at all, even if it was in the pouring rain in a muddy field, at four in the morning, and I had work at eight.
    Post edited by CaravanGirl at 2014-02-24 06:55:37
  • Past bedtime is a problem? People having to travel for half an hour on the subway a problem?

Okay, do this: Pretend you live in Australia, Belgium, France, Italy, NZ, Spain or Sweden and you need to see this. Or even Norway... Now go to the website and check your options, a mere week before it takes place....

This is my problem. No details for Australia yet :( And i will be dev of they do the encore dates that America is doing as i will be in the UK then for the UK tour and will miss the film :( its getting frustrating being so close
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • Exactly.... 

There are encore dates, though? How can there be encore dates for a one night only live event?
    Post edited by CaravanGirl at 2014-02-24 08:53:20
  • Let's just be honest, outside of a few major cities in the UK, this is a poorly executed mess.  There's still 9 days to get things together, but it seems unlikely to be successful.  I think the organizers/producers could learn a thing or two from the way The Metropolitan Opera in NY and the National Theatre in London do these things.  Their cinema events are huge successes--and not just in big cities.  
    Post edited by HorseTearz at 2014-02-25 05:49:16
  • ^ It's just 7 days from today.

While I don't have the frustrations that CaravanGirl and some other overseas-ers have... I'm amazed that no cinemas in the whole of Cornwall are showing this!

I'll still be heading over to Devon to see it, but it will necessitate booking accommodation as well as the travel costs (I know, I know... nothing compared to travelling from Norway to Sweden, but still...)

Yeah, I went to the "Bowie V&A" cinema-event in nearby Truro, back in August.. that cinema often does this sort of thing... I can't imagine them saying 'no' if the Frapp team had asked. Weird.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-02-25 06:29:07
  • Hope I didn't sound too harsh there - just my opinion and feelings at what I see as minor issues to no issues, compared to "not being able to at all".

Well, you'll probably actually have to spend the same amount of time travelling, plus you'll also have to pay for accommodation, Halloween_Jack. (Just not the plane fare. ;) )

Yes, I see no reason why this shouldn't show in at least one venue in good, old Kernow? I'm sure people would travel from far and wide within the county for something like this.

I asked the manager of the main music cinema venue in Oslo, and the guy was clearly frustrated that they were already booked that night, for some random, non-music event. He would have done it, I'm 100 % sure.

;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!