Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Bringing Some Perspective: A Reflection
  • 500 Comments sorted by
  • I would have to say this is the worst thread in forum history. And not because of art discussion. Because of absolute bizarre shitness. It's up there with the Alison's Distemper thread of yore.
  • Maybe as there isn't a moderator around to lock the thread we should all agree not to contribute to it anymore?

Starting.... Now!
  • Mirror said:

In order for Mirror to feel "victimized", it should have thoughts of its own.
    However, Mirror just reflects how you project your own feelings onto things.
    And when most people respond negatively, it merely asks: why so negative?

What does that even mean? Can I have the same in English?

Well guess what Mirror, it's truly your lucky day! I'm going to voluntarily pack my bags and leave this forum. That way you will all have a little bit less "ugliness" here.

Have fun battling till the bitter end. :))
  • Low said:

Mirror said:

Mirror is not Corvina: strike 2, Sartori.

One cannot talk about electronic music without mentioning Kraftwerk, though.
    Between 1974-1977 they were of utmost importance to the genre, and effectively created it.
    They defined the sounds and the images which would come to dominate the genre for many years to come.
    Even Ms Goldfrapp seems of fan of them, Mirror knows she went to see them during their Tate Modern residency.

As for Mirror's comments on the singer's appearance... well, Kraftwerk did sum that up pretty well:

In order for Mirror to feel "victimized", it should have thoughts of its own.
    However, Mirror just reflects how you project your own feelings onto things.
    And when most people respond negatively, it merely asks: why so negative?

Maybe if you stopped pretending you were a bloody mirror and instead behaved like you're a human being, you could cut the pseudo-intellectual crap and actually have a real discussion with us.

But no, you'll probably just respond to this with another irritatingly up-your-own-arse post that makes little sense and doesn't even tackle any points that we've raised.

Thank god! Another voice of reason!
  • ping said:

Maybe as there isn't a moderator around to lock the thread we should all agree not to contribute to it anymore?

Starting.... Now!

agreed
    "its MY favourite song"
  • My work is done , the thread is unreadable . As above , agreed .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • .................I know the real name..............its Laluna hahahaha
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Lisa said:

...it is still amusing! Like flies to shit, I say!

Oh, that was you? Anyhow, I'm all over it. It's almost my favorite thread ever--enlightening, to say the least.

Lisa said:

Anyway, if you really love me, you have to show it a bit more, it hasn't come across enough.

Needy little bugger, aren't you? I mean, I've been pretty straight forward about it.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ping said:

Maybe as there isn't a moderator around to lock the thread we should all agree not to contribute to it anymore?

Starting.... Now!

Yes, good idea.
  • Hey, A...
  • Dear Mirror, we've pulled you out of the dust bin to thoroughly mock you for your totally wrong predictions. Soothsayer, you are not.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-02-11 18:15:32
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I miss the days when they were truly innovative. That was a long time ago.
  • There you go, A!
  • To piss and to moan, to disect and mock?

I'd rather dance, turn up the music!

• People are
    quick to draw conclusions, but Mirror never said the band should do a Felt Mountain 2.
    God forbid,
    that would be ridiculous.
    But there
    was a concept, an artistic integrity, a musical quality that has long gone.
    Felt Mountain still sounds good, but
    even
    Supernature sounds dated…
    Also,
    however flattering your insinuations, Mirror hasn’t actually commented on the
    musical quality of
    the upcoming album.
    Only questioning the band’s ability to come up with music that is, again,
    fresh, renewing, exciting and relevant. 
    It seems
    like the general consensus on here is that everything the band will do, will be
    better than
    Head FirstYet nobody wonders how they actually managed to release an album like that in
    the first place?
    Mirror only
    wanted to inject a bit of critical thinking into this place:
    Head First was only mentioned as the
    backdrop against which this new album surely is set?
    Lots of people have commented that their excitement stems from a hope for a
    return to form, which is in itself quite a bizarre motivation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!