Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Anna Calvi
  • 483 Comments sorted by
  • I have no patience ...

I'm torn between wanting a live/covers/new album next and soon - greed is also a thing round here.

I can't help wondering though what happens when she does make one of those records with a radical change of direction that divide people into "Yay! perfect" and "Huh?? wtf is this??"  - sort of like the jump from Supernature to Seventh Tree, Cos I'm sure she's going to at some point, and it won't be an experiment with an orchestra or choir, or a film score. Just wondering which side I'm going to be on.

ETA  film of performance of Foxy Lady uploaded here

Things people have NEVER said to Anna after a performance vol 1 - "Have you thought of trying to sound a bit more lesbian?"

Post edited by wild_corgi at 2014-02-09 09:09:35
  • I have a feeling she will spend a year or so travelling the World for inspiration for the next album. More arty stuff and collaborations with other artists. 
    Her FB page is updated quite regularly so she wont leave us for long. 
  • a YEAR?!???!!! Twelve whole months? AFTER the tour finishes?

Yer cruel, that's what you are, Hells. <cries>

• Meeeeeelllllllttttttttttt.
    Yes your've guessed it fellow Calviites, I'm in love. What an evening and I shall say no more for now until Laura goes to Brighton.
  • Well despite a short lived sound issue at the begining Anna was, as always, bloody marvellous.
  • Ooooh, I'm intrigued Hells!! Was she simply wonderful?

I'm heading down to Brighton shortly... Pretty excited to be honest. Look out tiny Anna, I'm on my waaaay!
  • May see you there Laura if I can get out of work as planned. Have ticket ...  and too much work.

Rationing the chocolate so I can handle the excitement.

• Well i hope it is not that long until Anna brings a new album out. I cannot see Frapp having a new one for a while. Come on. I need some new releases to get excited about. Pretty Reckless is the next one of my faves to be releasing something. Not in the same league as Goldfrapp or Anna though.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • ping said:

Well despite a short lived sound issue at the begining Anna was, as always, bloody marvellous.

ping said:

Good to see you again last night @Ping. Glad you enjoyed it. 

ping said:

I shall attempt to put pictures up on FB later.

• ^
    What the fucks going on with the above quote thing? What a mess :(
  • Great pics Hells many thanks!!
    Missed Laura at Brighton somehow...

Same (?) short lived sound problem at the start. And I think the start of a cold: unless really husky is the new vocal style.

A lot looser than Troxy IMO which deffo worked well for the solos. Gothic like the church. Also Surrender was new worked better live than in recording. Bloody marvellous gig but man that church was cooooold.
  • Yeah really nice pics.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Great pics Hells many thanks!!
    Missed Laura at Brighton somehow...

Same (?) short lived sound problem at the start. And I think the start of a cold: unless really husky is the new vocal style.

A lot looser than Troxy IMO which deffo worked well for the solos. Gothic like the church. Also Surrender was new worked better live than in recording. Bloody marvellous gig but man that church was cooooold.

I found her quite husky at the start of First We Kiss indeed. Great :) 
    The Institute in Birmingham was a horrid venue and they fucked up the start of Suzanne and I (first song of the night) by not having sorted her mic or even tuning stuff up. Knob heads. She had to stop the song and there was a moment I thought please dont walk off. She carried it on though and responded to the crowd with a relaxed smile as much to say "you realise that was not my balls up?"
    The guitars were really rockin' and actually knocked a piece of plaque out my teeth. Magic moments 
    :))

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!