Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • Arrrrrggggh I really would like to see this live event! When are they gonna release the US info, the anticipation is unbearable. I'm not holding my breath for Miami really, although I'd be thrilled! They'll most likely do LA or NYC. I may be tempted to take a trip out to see it...but, last minute travel plans are a killer. Come on, tell us. 
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Posted on Twitter but not on here... I'll be at the Curzon Renoir (Russell Square, London).  It cost me a whopping £17.50 for the ticket (not to mention the £25 or so train ticket to get there and back) but I figured I wouldn't get to go to something like this every day so why not.  
  • Another 20-odd towns have been added to the UK list. But still nothing in Cornwall.

No new countries.

And looks like the only other countries with actual town-listings are (still) just Ireland and Netherlands.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-27 15:14:51
  • Two tickets for Clapham Picture House (now available for non members). Looks like about 20 seats have gone but it is a very cosy screen by the look of it.
  • On the REALLY, REALLY OFF chance that Miami gets a screening:
    If some GMB'r want's to make the trip from another part of Florida (I'm talking to you Pony) or out of state (anybody that I've conversed with who, is hopefully, not an axe murderer) I'll be happy to offer them a place for the night. 
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-01-28 19:03:49
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Aww, well that was sweet M..I'll leave my axe at home ;) (the body wash I mean)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I've now been in touch with three of the most relevant venues for this in Oslo, Norway - none of which have been contacted by management, but all expressing interest, or even keen interest. The guy who runs the "Rock Cinema" at the main, independent venue here was super keen, but they were booked that day... 

This begs many, many questions...
  • ^ hmmm. I'm surprised that other countries are still waiting for confirmation of venues. I know it must be frustrating for you guys! The only other contact I can think of asking (other than waiting for the website to be updated) is the distributer, arts alliance media. Surely the other cinemas will be announced soon though?!
  • I had a DM conversation with my favorite art cinema here on Miami Beach and seemed interested as well, also shot off an email to the bigger one in snooty Coral Gables part of town and they also seemed open to the idea. They stream plays and operas from the UK all the time. Surely it's not that difficult to get someone to send out email queries to 2 or 4 cinema houses in each state?!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-01-29 09:26:21
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Well there's still two more days of January left so hopefully it will be all good then ;)

Hope everyone gets to see TOU at somewhere nice and local to them.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Clapham Picture house booked. I'm in seat G5 if anyone wants to say hello :)
    Music Junkie
  • There's a map and a list of countries now and some towns and "more details coming soon."
  • gst:
    Yes, it's been there for a while now, but it only contains details for the UK, Germany, Austria & The Netherlands so far, aaand it's the same country list they've had all along: 13 countries, and no new ones added.
    Post edited by CaravanGirl at 2014-01-30 19:05:56
  • ping said:

^ hmmm. I'm surprised that other countries are still waiting for confirmation of venues. I know it must be frustrating for you guys! The only other contact I can think of asking (other than waiting for the website to be updated) is the distributer, arts alliance media. Surely the other cinemas will be announced soon though?!

Thanks for the sympathy. ;)

It really is frustrating & stressful. If I *knew* it would be shown in Norway I would be fine with waiting.
    But we don't know anything, that's the problem...

I'll look into Arts Alliance Media - thanks for that. ;)
  • Whilst this isn't any kind of info what so ever, I feel like people are going a bit crazy about not having anything local so..

I've got a friend who knows someone in the management team (I'd like to stress that I have no contact with management at all and any information I get is just what gets passed on to me whenever my friend catches up with the person they know... I can't request any further info) and apparently the team are slightly shocked that people have booked cinema tickets already.  I don't think tickets were meant to be on sale at all yet and there should be more cinemas in the pipeline, which maybe haven't been confirmed yet... the list will probably be added to up until the actual showing. 

I don't know if that helps or hinders, but I don't think the management thought people would be buying tickets yet, and I think that probably goes some way to explaining why the 'launch' hasn't really happened the way they wanted it to. 

Post edited by VisualFallacy at 2014-02-04 04:25:33

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!