Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • I have got the cd LuLu that he did with Metallica. I will play that tomorrow in respect.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • 90's Nostalgia - Gary Clail ON-U Sound System - Who Pays The Piper?
    killer tune

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Lorde - Pure Heroine

Thought I'd check out what all the fuss was about.

Quite nice, quite restrained. Like a Kiwi Lana Del Ray, but looks like she actually had a say in her image. Unlike Lana who I always thought (whether true or not) has been made up like a male fantasy. Much too distracting. Where as Lorde I just listen to the music.

This is just a break from Arcade Fire mind ;-)
  • Back on Arcade Fire - Reflektor.

It's funny while I absolutely love some Arcade Fire tracks I often find a whole AC album a bit much.  Also live they sound/look great. But after about 6 songs you want then to calm down a bit. ;-)

I also love LCD Soundsystem who have produced some amazing singles. But sometimes I feel they just need more songs and I find every album loses it's way at some point.

So Reflektor is perfect for me. Arcade Fire with more space and grove (and more fun) and LCD Soundsystem (on half of it anyway) with more song structure. I honesty can say I don't skip. So this would be one of the first double albums I don't skip ever!
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-10-28 09:57:29
  • 70s nostalgia: The Year Of The Cat - Al Stewart
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • Thumpers EP

Saw them supporting Chvrches and thought they were rather nice.
    There's a cover of Björk's "Innocence" on it as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Iron Maiden- Death on the road. Live cd. Onto disc 2 of it now.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Arcade Fireeeeee - Reflektor

Anyone else have an opinion on this album? Love it!

It's a proper event album like OK Computer or Achtung Baby, etc...
  • Arcade Fireeeeee - Reflektor

Anyone else have an opinion on this album? Love it!

It's a proper event album like OK Computer or Achtung Baby, etc...

I've been listening to it the past two days, and I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by it at the moment.

I've noticed a marked difference between the US / Canadian reviews and the UK reviews I have seen to date. The US/Canadian reviews are extremely positive, whereas the UK reviews have been mixed or negative, though there are some positives ones as well.

It is quite typical though, because there is quite often a significant difference of opinion between the critics on both It feels sides of the pond. Normally I lean more towards the US/Canadian critics, but after listening to Reflektor the past two days, I'm more inclined to share the UK critics' views i.e. it is a bit too long and a bit messy. However, I will give it a bit more time with the hope that it will grow on me because at the moment there are more tracks that I dislike than like on it.

The one track that really stood out for me is It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus). I've listened to it repeatedly. And the one track that I simply can't stand is Awful Sound (Oh Eurydice).

Edit: I'm listening to the album again and I realized that what I struggle with is the James Murphy production in places.  It feels closer to LCD than Arcade Fire, which is a bit disappointing.  I love LCD, but just wish the sound was more Arcade Fire than LCD. 
    Post edited by Archway at 2013-10-29 11:34:41
  • Sublime.

Gossamer.

Post edited by iuventus at 2013-10-30 02:10:06
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Dreeke said:

Thumpers EP

Saw them supporting Chvrches and thought they were rather nice.
    There's a cover of Björk's "Innocence" on it as well.

Yes , they were rather surprisingly good , backing singers were um.. nice looking as well .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• iuventus said:

Sublime.

Gossamer.

You like Julia too!!!

Just love this album all the more so after yesterday.

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus) - Arcade Fire. 

This is my favourite Arcade Fire song ever.  I can't stop listening to it when it starts to play. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!