Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Maida Vale session - BBC 6Music - 15 Oct 2013
  • 388 Comments sorted by

• Halloween_Jack cheers for the uploads! So there are only Clowns and Stranger left, you got them as well?

I'm desperate for them too.  What is the avatar for beg?

There`s nothing to beg for , the whole show is uploaded earlier on in the thread . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • On my upload of 'Alvar', someone (morontiamind) has commented: This is the song "Jo", not "Alvar".

They're not that similar, are they? The BBC caption was correct. #:-S

• Post edited by Mador at 2013-10-27 13:56:17
  • I'm desperate for them too. What is the avatar for beg?

As Sartori says, the *whole show* is available for download - on sendspace... the link is in one of his posts on page 5, I think.
    My youtube uploads of individual songs are a slightly higher res (the 720/1080 ones are upscaled), and I've just put up 'Clowns'. I won't be uploading 'Stranger' as it's got loads of static noise on it.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-27 13:28:38
  • i wish i had known about this before!
  • As Sartori says, the *whole show* is available for download - on sendspace... the link is in one of his posts on page 5,

I never did find the sendspace link, maybe its one of those tiny, clever little links that don't look like a link (I will check again).  However, I just wanted to say a big thanks for uploading Clowns.  You've definitely saved the day H_J with all the YouTube posts as without them I would never have been able to have my own copies.  Thank you again. :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • No, it's in one my posts.
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

No, it's in one my posts.

Finally found it, should've gone to Specsavers.  A massive thank you also Sartori.  I wish I had seen that earlier.  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Sartori said:

No, it's in one my posts.

You're welcome MD, my "No" was to point out it was my post and hence nowt clever involved.
  • Pet said:

PS: How hot does Lauren Laverne (with new specs) look!?

She looked pretty damn hot.

I saw you on there when I watched it during the day PJ. You looked well happy and so you should be lucky you  ;)

Yes, I was pretty close to being blissed out.  During the evening, I recorded the red button footage, and have looked at it several times, but I don't seem to be visible at any point.
  • Sartori said:

1. Yellow Halo video - losslessly converted to mpg from ts . For those that want the original digital broadcast with no red or blue button in the picture . As I noted previously , there are still artifacts on the original broadcast (due to the BBC`s real time encoding) . It includes the lead in and out of the song , clapping and panning to audience etc . Approx 120meg

*EDIT: The above link has been corrected , it now works (thanks HJ)

@Pet , you are at the end of this clip .
  • Sartori said:

Sartori said:

@Pet , you are at the end of this clip .

Thank you for drawing it to my attention, but I see that it's a download thing.  I don't do that.
  • ^ Downloading a file is really not that difficult or dangerous, Peter, but we've discussed this before and you're obviously holding your ground, and that's fair enough. :-)

Meanwhile, I have youtubed my final clip from this session: it's the 2 bits of inter-song chit-chat that Alison has with Lauren and the audience. In addition to NovalLasing's question + answer, I can see Pet(er) and Alex_f in the audience. Any other forumers there?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!