Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Maida Vale session - BBC 6Music - 15 Oct 2013
  • 388 Comments sorted by
  • cheers for uploading these HJ, i dunno why but sartori's link isn't really working for me i don't get any sound on it? 
  • I think yellow halo has since been pulled from any of the highlights currently available? at the bands request I guess
  • ^ Oh, right.

When I watched it today, I didn't find it as... uncomfortable as when I saw it live. It's actually quite an amazing performance. But obviously if Alison would rather it wasn't public I'll take it down.

• My god she´s Good !!!!
    Thanks HJ!
  • Finally watched it myself. Nice performance. :-)
  • A legendary performance, hat's off  Alison for being so emotionally expressive and most unlike the numerous cold and fake zombies in the entertainment industry.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Ehm, Alex... You were there... Half full/half empty glass.....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Stuart_P said:

I think yellow halo has since been pulled from any of the highlights currently available? at the bands request I guess

They only showed 5 songs in the highlights - Alvar was edited out as well.
    Alison seemed sombre which made the performance wonderfully emotional. We were only about 12 feet away and It was so touching when she cracked up during Yellow Halo (in memory of her mum) - I'm sure I wasn't the only one to shed a tear.
    Alex had the best question (are we ever going to hear Thea live?) but they ran out of time :(
  • This performance is the closest we´ve got to a Yellow Halo instrumental.
  • Dreeke said:

Ehm, Alex... You were there... Half full/half empty glass.....

Oh I know, I know (I just like to complain). I was very lucky and the performance itself was great!
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Thanks HJ for sharing the "Yellow Halo" performance. Only two words come to mind after watching it, "emotionally raw".

The last time I watched Alison break down and cry live was during the performance of the song "Black Cherry" at Roseland Ballroom in NYC.

I really love how she wears her emotions on her sleeve.
  • What a tender moment.

And the lovely Pet Jeffery!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Oh wow, I've just seen this. Thanks for all the uploads. What an amazing performance, especially Yellow Halo.
    This is what music should be all about: emotions. And this is when you can tell that lyrics actually have a meaning and are not just written words pressed into a rhyme scheme.

By the way, did not know Saul Goodman is also very good in drumming! :)
    Be patient.
  • 1. Yellow Halo video - losslessly converted to mpg from ts . For those that want the original digital broadcast with no red or blue button in the picture . As I noted previously , there are still artifacts on the original broadcast (due to the BBC`s real time encoding) . It includes the lead in and out of the song , clapping and panning to audience etc . Approx 120meg

*EDIT: The above link has been corrected , it now works (thanks HJ)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-18 10:54:53
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • If you downloaded the mp4 from my post above , its widescreen flag was missing and won`t play properly . New version below -

2. Yellow Halo video - converted through a selection of filters I use into an optimized mp4 , the picture flatters to deceive , I`ve denoised , deblocked and smoothed it very slighty , it stops the (irony) haloes but it slightly loses the crispness of the original (if you look at the wooden floor slats you`ll see it) . Anyway , boring tech shit aside , its for those that want an mp4 of the performance for use with phones , tv`s with usb sticks etc . Approx 45meg

The mp4 above is just the performance (no intro or clapping/audience pan outro) and it has no red or blue button in the corner .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-18 10:15:07
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!