Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Maida Vale session - BBC 6Music - 15 Oct 2013
  • 388 Comments sorted by
  • @NovaLasing was you the man asking the question today ? Lovely to see you there ! Lucky !!
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2013-10-15 12:41:19

• Giancarlo said:

@NovaLasing was you the man asking the question today ? Lovely to see you there ! Lucky !!

Yes so lucky - I've got Alex to thank for being there. I wanted to ask Alison to expand on her "where's the f*cking axe" episode when filming Jo, but didn't have the courage...

btw apparently BBC got 6000 applications for tkts and there were fewer than 100 there
  • You lucky.... guy! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Just watched YH again - she's in trouble from very early on. Very concerned looks from Charlie and from the string band (but Will's just lost in the music and Angie has her head down as usual!). Has there ever been a more emotional performance of any song anywhere anytime? If anything the tears heighten the beauty of what is, in any case, a very haunting song. The recovery from the false start to Lovely Head is all the more extraordinary after that.......... Wonderful. Best version of LH live or recorded that I've heard................

• btw apparently BBC got 6000 applications for tkts and there were fewer than 100 there

That is well out of order, if there was room for more. I would have loved to go, looked brilliant, am not gonna pretend I am not jealous of those who were actually there, still at least I get to watch it on TV
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-10-15 13:55:54
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • It wasn't the big studio (MV1) but the smaller MV3 which has a capacity for 80 according to the website
  •  OK fair enough Nova, lucky you all the same, I am sure you will treasure the day for the rest of your life ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Post edited by rewak at 2013-10-15 14:31:24
  • just catching up with todays show, thanks for the video uploads guys! 
    they're looking and sounding fabulous as always, it's sad to see someone feel so emotional like that. i hope she's feeling better this evening.
  • um... i'm not getting any sound on the video sartori uploaded, anyone else tried it?
  • Great question Nova, it's the one I would have asked ;) good to see the GMB represented
    "its MY favourite song"
  • My Lovely head:

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-15 15:50:22
  • ping said:

um... i'm not getting any sound on the video sartori uploaded, anyone else tried it?

No problems here. thanks Sartori.
    The YH part is just heartbreaking....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Honestly, her best performance yet. I love you Alison.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I really shouldn't say "performance"...she's not performing.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!