Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Maida Vale session - BBC 6Music - 15 Oct 2013
  • 388 Comments sorted by
  • Rob, the mpg link has an extra 6 characters on the end (spacey HTML), which means it doesn't find the page.

Anyway, thanks for the edit/upload, am downloading now.
  • Rob, the mpg link has an extra 6 characters on the end (spacey HTML), which means it doesn't find the page.

Anyway, thanks for the edit/upload, am downloading now.

Cheers Elliot , I cut and copied the post out at one point as I`d fluffed it all up , must have double fecked the pasting . Its corrected now , thanks again .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Looks like there were audio glitches on both TV/red-button and web-stream. Definitely in 'Stranger' and... some other(s)?

I also have a recording of the radio broadcast... will check that today.
  • I've put a clip of 'Alvar' on youtube. The trebly, jangly guitar reminds me of Viv Albertine's style, as per tracks like 'The false heart'. And of course it contains the cryptic but affecting line "I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor". At around 3:55, Alison gives the famous frapp finger to a sound-person. That is, the finger that says "crank-up the volume!".

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-18 12:55:35

•  At around 3:55, Alison gives the famous frapp finger to a sound-person. That is, the finger that says "crank-up the volume!". 

Cheers HJ. It's a pity they didn't crank up the volume on the voice mike as Alison's vocals got a bit overwhelmed towards the end. Still great though;)
    Post edited by NovaLasing at 2013-10-18 13:13:01
  • Halloween_Jack cheers for the uploads! So there are only Clowns and Stranger left, you got them as well?
  • A very good review apart from getting the reason for Alison being emotional during Yellow Halo wrong. But thats been put right on the comment section by Will. That Will ?. All good.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Thanks so much HJ..

YH.. just so heartfelt.. Hugs and more hugs to you, Alison
  • Nooooooooo, I came back a little too late! The HD BBC 6 music videos on youtube are now set to private.
    Did anyone manage to snag the 1080p goodness before then/are there links to the high quality videos elsewhere now? Thank you in advance!!
  • cw36frapp said:

A very good review apart from getting the reason for Alison being emotional during Yellow Halo wrong. But thats been put right on the comment section by Will. That Will ?. All good.

Where's Will's comment then. Is it on here or somewhere else as cant find it. I think I know the reasons for her emotion but dont want to say it in case totally wrong.
    It was an excellent show anyway and lucky I didnt go as the Beeb would have had to throw me out for crying too loud when Alison did in Yellow Halo. I knew there was a reason I love this girl so much 
    :x
  • Helen, the comment is right under the article (there's just the one). It says: "She was crying during Yellow Halo as she wrote the song about her mum when she passed away..... So difficult to watch ❤️❤️"

Judging from the commenter's avatar.. it's not Mr Gregory.
  • ricX said:

Nooooooooo, I came back a little too late! The HD BBC 6 music videos on youtube are now set to private.

Did anyone manage to snag the 1080p goodness before then/are there links to the high quality videos elsewhere now? Thank you in advance!!

Oh, damn! I never grabbed them either. I think they were of 'Annabel' and 'You never know'?

I have my own Red-Button recordings but as ricX says, these were hi-def (I think 720 rather than 1080).

Anyone grab them? Carpy? Rewak?
  • I ripped the videos from YT but they were only playing (and gave as a ripping option) a max. of 720 , even with an alleged option of 1080 .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ Yes, that's what I found with the one I did grab.. which was just the 8-min interview one.

It would be awesome if you could upload the 2 clips that are now 'private'... somewhere, sometime?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-23 19:44:53

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!