Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Anna Calvi
  • 483 Comments sorted by
  • I see what you mean. I enjoyed the performance, but felt a bit... Tense?... Watching it? Perhaps that's just because I'm aware that Dan has left and they must be feeling pretty under pressure. I'm still so surprised, though who knows what goes on behind closed doors. For him to go NOW though, in week one of album release / promo / and on the eve of a big tour that is so, so crucial for her.. Hmmm..

I'm sure he will fit in just fine and, like you say, pretty impressive that they've made this change over so quickly and he seemed to do Oooooo-Kay!
  • Yeah it was a great performance from her. I liked how she had a bit of a smile on her face inbetween singing during the song on one occasion. Like Goldfrapp there will probably be another track or 2 on the extended edition of the Jools show.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Thanks to the ever lovely Carpy, I had the heads up that there is a big feature on Anna in today's free Metro paper. It's given out mainly at stations each morning - picked up a copy, she takes up most of the front cover, there's a gorg big picture on a full page inside and a full page interview. Lovely stuff. If anyone wants to see it, I can scan whilst I'm in the library and post over the weekend, or you can probably search on line for the metro paper and have a read.
    Delicious.
  • The extended version of the Jools show is on tonight, I think ?. Some more Anna ?. Oh yes please.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Oh my gosh, yes please. I'm hoping for 'suddenly' ... And maybe something a bit more unexpected.. Like 'carry me over' . Oooooh or 'cry' .... OR LOVE OF MY LIFE.

Oh god, any of them really. Still got it on repeat :D
  • Missed Jools on Tuesday but watched it tonight... was my first time seeing/hearing Anna. She certainly has musical charisma... I found her quite compelling. :-) I did think the chorus on the 2nd song was very similar to that on the 1st one though? Just my first impression, but I did enjoy her performance.

[Off topic, but was fascinating to see Lloyd Cole.. I still love his albums from the 80s - he's one of my favourite singer/songwriters from that era. Wasn't so taken with the first new song, but will check out the new album.]
  • Glad you got to check out Anna, H_J, I was a little disappointed with the second choice of track, would have prefered to hear 'sing to me' or 'one breath', but the show isn't made to tailor my preferences. I  thought Anna was easily the best artist on the show. I have never known much of LLoyd Cole but he was an enigmatic guest, Suggs was surprisingly interesting (I am not over keen on Madness), I thought that John Newman was tuneless cack though, truly awful.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Other observations, I haven't seen Anna Calvi live (yet) so I wasn't invested in her old drummer, the new guy seems to do a good job. I dunno if this is down to personal experience but I am rarely ever fussed by a drummer, at the risk of getting crucified for saying this, they are just a drummer!!! ;)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • She was amazing. I am just glad i was made aware of her. Even made my Sister become a bit of a fan.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Hi fans :)

• ^ That's a monster-size picture! :-)
  • ^ That's a monster-size picture! :-)

You can count the moles on her neck  ;)
  • Oh. My. God.

Forever.

I mean....

Welllll........

Oh god.
  • So glad I'm not a lesbian...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ha! Oh, you're all missing out, all you none lesbians... ;)

I dreamt in that picture last night. It was lovely.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!