Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Anna Calvi
  • 483 Comments sorted by
  • HAHAHAHAHA. I love you Elliot.

God I feel INSANE.

From indulgence in pork.

(oh god. So, so wrong)
  • My tip for the new drummer would be a certain Daisy Palmer!!
  • Not understanding why on Anna's FB page there is a link for Somerset House for the gig she did there last year. Confusing as I thought there was going to be an announcement of another gig!
  • Hush! if there was one it'd snow.
  • Shame there is no lyric sheet with my album. I am given to understand some of the themes on this album are touching on depression/mental health. http://www.nme.com/news/anna-calvi/72022

Good on her,  and again really love this album it's a total gem!
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I ventured into the dark corners of twitter about the drummer and from the AC Official twitter.
    Sadly last night's Islington show was the last with Dan on drums. We
    respect his decision to move onto other projects and wish him all the best for the future. x Anna and Mally
    Now I'm no expert but I think this translates as  you bastard! not if you got on your bended knees and begged mate.

I could of course be over-projecting from work, where "The Director is a bit disappointed" really means "the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are riding down Whitehall looking for you".
    Post edited by wild_corgi at 2013-10-12 11:22:50
  • Haha.. I COMPLETELY agree with you about that! I read the same into it.. I wonder what he's going to do next..

Anyhow, she is on Jools Holland tonight, alert, alert! And, I presume... With the New Drummer.
    I'm out tonight but will catch up ASAP so we can discuss this new addition to the band.... I wonder what she'll play....
  • Yeah i am watching that tonight after the football. Only found out about it today. Cannot wait.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Where's @Hells_Bells PLZ??
  • Oh did I read that right Anna Calvi on Jools Holland tonight? Thanks for the heads up Laura

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Thanks for the heads up Laura, would have missed it otherwise! Packing for hol but DVD set to record tonight and Friday, just in case there's a different set broadcast then.

Will be interesting to see the New Drummer.  How many people are saying that? No pressure then, on any of them, poor sods.

Oh and I weakened and did get Brighton tix. Well, I say Brighton, but it looks like All Saints is in that wierd place called Hoveactually.
  • Eliza, no big surprises there, but very impassioned performance...
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Any New Drummer info B_M?? Boy / girl / fit / good / rubbish?? ;) (I know though, right, massive pressure on someone new at this Hugely crucial time for her...)

Glad you guys saw the post and caught it, I'll be heading home soon so will try and catch up. I do love Eliza, so look forward to that :D
  • I dunno who he is Laura, he has a beard and I thought he seemed to be OK as a drummer. I hope there are more songs on Thursday.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I thought he performed OK - not more, not less - on the occasion but has clearly not settled in yet, So that's not a bad position to be in after a couple of weeks in these circs. No idea who he is or who he's worked with before.

Impassioned performance yeah but it felt like she was working - or felt she had to work, rightly or wrongly - to carry him through and get the song over to the audience. Oh that's not clear but for the first time I felt she was trying .... if you see what I mean.  I guess a couple of weeks' rehearsal with new guy after years with a stable band is a real test of stagecraft: impressive command of that from her. 

Do hope there's more material from her on Friday for the DVD though.

Post edited by wild_corgi at 2013-10-16 03:25:39

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!