Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Maida Vale session - BBC 6Music - 15 Oct 2013
  • 388 Comments sorted by
  • rewak said:

Throw it up on mega.co.nz it's free, they take big files and the speed is fast.

I only upload once sorry (its uploading to Sendspace already) and I`ll especially take a wide berth of mega as he`s a bellend  .

I`ve solved the sync issue , its not much point uploading a ts file at 1gig (as only a few would actually want that) , so I`ve converted it to an mp4 with the original mp2 soundtrack , weighs in around 270megs 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-15 10:19:16
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

This is the original broadcast audio (in mp2 192kbps 48kHz form) , its been ripped and not converted , if its in any other form then its a generation from the original . Tags/pic are input and it should play fine in any mp3 player . (feel free to convert from it to whatever you want) .

https://app.box.com/s/cdfr34nc7b2xjggv0jkx

I have the full original broadcast quality video (well , as good as it was originally anyway) , but its going out of sync when its shrunk (boring tech. reasons)  , its about a gig , so I won`t be able to sort a file of that size out until next week . 

THANK YOU! Really! =D
  • Sartori said:

I only upload once sorry and I`ll especially take a wide berth of mega as he`s a bellend .

I meant the video file, it's a solid file host, even if the owner is a bit of a twit, you can't argue with free hosting with top speeds and no limits.
  • http://youtu.be/pL9XnD48EFg

the chat with Lauren before the gig
  • rewak said:

Sartori said:

I only upload once sorry and I`ll especially take a wide berth of mega as he`s a bellend .

I meant the video file, it's a solid file host, even if the owner is a bit of a twit, you can't argue with free hosting with top speeds and no limits.

I guessed you meant the video , so I amended my post as I hadn`t been clear what I was referring to , as I typed I was on 6% uploaded and now I`m on 19% but I`d rather skirt around the furore he`s made for himself . I prefer Box for smaller files as I have control over them .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-15 10:24:25
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Thanks, giulys :-) HD too!

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-15 11:37:10
  • Thanks so much guys - cheers Rewak, I got in there to watch the lot...

Oh. My. Word. So, so beautiful, and very moving indeed. God, she was so completely overcome during yellow halo. Understandably so, but that was heartbreaking to watch! I WANT TO GIVE HER A CUDDLE IMMEDIATELY.

Great stuff though, brilliant that we could watch as well as listen. And Laverne is always nice to.. Umm.. See.. As well ;)

• Laura said:

Thanks so much guys - cheers Rewak, I got in there to watch the lot...

Oh. My. Word. So, so beautiful, and very moving indeed. God, she was so completely overcome during yellow halo. Understandably so, but that was heartbreaking to watch! I WANT TO GIVE HER A CUDDLE IMMEDIATELY.

Great stuff though, brilliant that we could watch as well as listen. And Laverne is always nice to.. Umm.. See.. As well ;)

yes me too, i'll give her a virtual cuddle right now :)
  • Right , the video has uploaded , its running time is 40minutes and is about 250megs , its an mp4 version of the original - the reason for this is that it will play back on TVs that support plugin USB sticks (tested and it works fine) . The audio is the original as broadcast in mp2 format and its main attraction is that it doesn`t have that ugly blue button up in the corner (only a very feint transparent BBCRadio6 logo)

Link to the video -

And this is a link to YH cut out and mp3`ed (as I want to play it in my car tonight on my way to see Chvrches in Brizzle) 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-15 11:14:33
  • strong emotions during Yellow Halo, really hard to watch her and can't do something to help her ...
  • Great stuff, Rob - still at work at the mo but I'll be grabbing that SendFrapp link soon as I'm in the door.

Having seen the comments about YH I'm not sure "looking forward to watching" feels quite the right phrasing that I should be using!

On a geeky front, is that just a re-muxed .ts and .mp2 re-wrapped in an MP4 wrapper? Just curious!
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-10-15 11:46:46
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ^ Oh, forgot you hadn't seen that yet!

At first it looks and sounds like Alison fluffed a line and/or there were audio/tech problems. And then she appears to be on the edge of tears :-( It was only near the end that I remembered the subject matter. A must-see but a bit uncomfortable.

She apologises after it, and is fine again for the last song, 'Lovely head'.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-15 11:49:02
  • Laura remember the court injunction ;)
  • On a geeky front, is that just a re-muxed .ts and .mp2 re-wrapped in an MP4 wrapper? Just curious!

Videos been re-encoded, audio untouched. It's not the best, quick but a bit too compressed
  • rewak said:

On a geeky front, is that just a re-muxed .ts and .mp2 re-wrapped in an MP4 wrapper? Just curious!

Videos been re-encoded, audio untouched. It's not the best, quick but a bit too compressed
     (Im not taking offence at this btw) The encoding and therefore (perceived) quality is a product of the encoder and the quality of the source - in this case the original was full of artifacts anyway (a byproduct of BBC on-the-fly encoding and especially to non-effiecient mpg) . The bitrate was just set to a size of file that I wanted .
     Any encoding has to have a target , its not encoded to look at on a monitor from 18inches (where it will look its worst) , its encoded to watch on a tv from 10 foot + away , which is why I kept the resolution the same (cutting out other techy bits) .  I prefered to keep the artifacts as removing them creates other issues (over smoothing and loss of details) . I do know how to get the best out of the encoding , I just can`t be arsed to put together a filter train and setup up the frameserver (seeing as I have the original) as the benefit will be minimal .

For anyone wanting any techy stuff 

The encoding was done with XMedia Recode as it allowed me to use all of my 8 cores and get the whole job finished and uploaded before my Mrs gets home . aviDemux was used to cut the mp4 file in this case , as it keeps the sync rock solid (ts and mp4 files can go a bit mad when you cut them and the sync goes to pot) and allows streams to be copied .
    I usually use Virtualdub and frameserve with Vegas if I think the benefits are there (and a multitude of filters , where the magic happens) and use Soundforge if the soundtrack needs a bit of stretching or processing (usually within an avi wrapper with an mp4 codec . Or multipass within VDub .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-15 13:04:57

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!