Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • home alone 3................... 8-|
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • just watched this:

• holy s*** run i hate dolls X_X scared me to death when was younger, still not much better today.....
    remember me & my brother buring my sisters dolls to the steak when we were kids. she got us back for it tho..... :-S
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Monsters University.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • ickygerm said:

just watched this:

She's captivating and intriguing.  Great find ickygerm! :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • GRAVITY
    This is one of the best films I have ever experienced. And by writing this I really mean experienced. 

First of all I'm definitely not a huge fan of (today's still) shitty 3D when it comes to movies. More precisely: it's crap! I hate that shit cause it ruined every film for me so far. So at first I wasn't willed to pay that much money for a film I actually wanted to see but WITHOUTH the 3D stuff. I'm glad I eventually did after all. Cause it's effing bloody brilliant! 
    Good thing about it is, it does not desperately try to make things pop out of the big screen but really helps you to delve into the depths and solitude of cosmic space. And it's not even the story that made me appreciate this film so much, as it is usually the case when one would recommend a film. To be honest, the storyline is rather dull. It is anything but the plot that amazed me which isn't negative at all. It's the music (surely one of the best soundtracks ever composed), the whole camera work, the acting (might be a bit biased here since I would watch anything starring Sandra Bullock), the visuals, the FX, the whole thing. But most of all it's about the first weird yet very welcome emotions the film makes you to go through. 

I caught myself several times for example slowing down my breathing because the oxygen of one of the actors was about to run out. However that is nothing really special, I agree. The most stunning thing was to be able exploring space as realistic as never before without actually going there and feeling sick of suffering from real zero gravity (although I was damn close to it). 
    Plus there's all the thoughts and imaginations that must be running through an astronauts mind all the time. This is what I call real horror (the one Alison talks about in recent interviews), this is what I call real drama, this is what I even call real comedy, this is what I call the perfect film because it makes you cry and laugh and afraid at the same time, and this weird mixture of feelings reaching you all at once is totally overwhelming. This movie made me appreciate life on earth so much more, it dwarfs (now seeming ridiculously unimportant) problems on earth to a minimum. I've never felt so save and secure and happy living on earth and cherished how lucky most of us actually are that much before.

So if there is finally one movie worth the fucking amount of money for 3D then it simply has to be this one! Without any doubts I can say: BELIEVE THE HYPE. I expected huge things from this movie as it was directed by one of my favourite directors, Alfonso Cuaron, who also did the great Children of Men. But what I was about to see easily exceeded all my expectations. I'm still totally flashed and blown away. I just need to play the amazing soundtrack, close my eyes, and within a second I'm back in the most frightening yet most beautiful place that I can think of. Sheer madness.

This all might seem a bit overdramatised and exaggerated but come back to me when you've seen this movie. Over and out.
    Be patient.
  • police academy 4.
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Went out to see Gravity today as well.
    Really impressed by the cinematography.
    Thought it lost a bit of steam after a whle, but that's a minor gripe.
    Not that impressed by the plot, though.
    The whole thing about the diseased kid felt a bit shoehorned in just to give Dr. Stone some depth.
    And the fetal position shot - even though it was really pretty - was a bit cheezy imho....
    But anyway: great trip and well worth the ticket.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Really want to see Gravity but doesn't open here until the first week in November.

I've only watched the extended trailer in 2K format so far and that had me holding my breath!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (1943).  A jolly entertaining technicolour romp... and Maria Montez!
  • Hello Peter! I recently saw a documentary called 'Good o'l Freda', and I think you'd like it pet!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • @HolyOwl I watched Gravity when it opened here last week in 3D. I completely agree with you! I love symbolism, and I wasn't disappointed! It's really a story about faith and the will to live after tragedy. Just incredible. I don't want to give too much away, but the re-entry scene really made an impact on me. After everything she had gone through to wind up still struggling..on her home planet, to be so close...and yet so far. Just amazing...she carried the whole film. One of the best of the year,IMHO.

Ps. If you haven't seen Life of Pi in 3D, please do!!! Magnificent!!!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Will check that out soon, however this is one of the few films I'd actually like to read the books first...
    Be patient.
  • Assault on Precinct 13

¡Guau!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Rise of the planet of the apes = was'nt much for it last half hour was o.k's.
    X-men : orgins wolverine = o.k'ish.

damn i'm down need to have a few days away from here you guys/gals don't need me been miserable on here.... :(
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!