Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Later with Jools Holland - BBC2(HD) - 1 Oct 2013
  • 259 Comments sorted by

• ping said:

stranger and clay, wonderful! 

ps: i noticed the autocue too HB, bless her. its her age! hahaha 
    >:)

I had the subtitles on as don't always catch the lyrics. It's because I kept turning the other shite down!

/:)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-04 19:29:48
  • ^ oh right, she had her own subtitles on a screen in front of her. I remember she had all the lyrics pinned around on HF tour too. I think I'd need it as well..,
  • i had the sky box on record, just checked it & it failed............ X(
    somethings trying to tell me something here & i don't like it...... double depressed :((
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Just voted - now up to 47% in the grauniad poll
  • Keep voting folks. Show the rest of the music world who's best!
  • All it really shows is who's fans are voting in a particular poll.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I've voted that's 48%
    By the way what political party is she standing for.
  • BigBird said:

I've voted that's 48%
    By the way what political party is she standing for.

I hope you remembered to press record???
  • Reflecting on the show - it seems very strange that the extended (65 minute) Friday version didn't include Annabel despite it being featured in the "live" (30 minute) Tuesday show. (I'm not complaining but normally I don't bother with the Tuesday show - perhaps I will now!)

Maybe it's because it was a much stronger line-up than last week so unusually all got 2 songs (plus 1 for the boring Franz F). Apart from Goldfrapp being amazing as expected, Gregory Porter and James Blake were pretty good. 

• No vids to be found online.  :(

UK Deers - hope one of you was able to capture for those of usacross the pond (and beyond).  Cheers!
    Post edited by HorseTearz at 2013-10-04 21:55:20
  • I am so glad to hear the news, told you it was Clay! Can't wait to watch them!
  • Oh god. I missed Clay last night?! CLAY. I shall be checking in at regular intervals in hope of video evidence that this did actually occur........
  • I love the fact that anybody going to the BBC iPlayer page to watch Jools sees this as the first thing:-

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I've got a not overly hi-res version ripped from iPlayer and will edit/convert/up later.

If anybody has the HD, of course........... {looks around}
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • watched it in bed this morning via iPlayer. loved it. didn't see annabel, kind of glad they performed stranger and clay.

the more and more i listen to it, stranger really reminds me of a bond theme... i love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!