Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Maida Vale session - BBC 6Music - 15 Oct 2013
  • The frapp are playing a session at maida vale, apparently it may be possible to win tickets to go!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/eqp8q9
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-23 12:14:48
  • 388 Comments sorted by
  • Shitsticks , just bought a ticket to see Chvrches that night 5 blinking minutes ago , in the unlikely event of winning a ticket over the plethora of eejits who apply for anything free and will shout "Strict Machine" and fidget during TOU material ...(takes a breath) , then I shalt have a dilemma m`lud . Being due in work at 0630 in Wales next morning is small potatoes . You beat me to posting it Ping :) twas a lovely sight to see on my FB feed this gloomy morning , Chvrch ticket buying was taking my time while I`m procrastilaxing / avoiding the list of jobs I have ....ooh a squirrel 

I`ve applied for tickets , mmm....its a morning recording 

Tuesday 15 October - with Lauren Laverne, 10am-1pm

New wave diva, wistful folk fairie, 80s pop siren… is there no end to the ever changing image of Alison Goldfrapp? Since 2000’s Felt Mountain, Alison and musical partner Will Gregory have experimented with a variety of musical textures from glam rock to electronic dance music via downtempo folk and retro synths. Five albums on and their latest album ‘Tales Of Us’ returns to the musical landscape of their debut, fusing John Barry-esque cinematic soundscapes with Alison’s distinctive vocals. A big favourite of 6 Music, the band have recently taken control of ‘Now Playing’ and delivered a ‘Three Minute Epiphany’ for Weekend Breakfast. Renowned for their show-stopping live performances, their Maida Vale session will be unmissable
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-17 07:05:07
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • seems like tickets are free been drawn out so getting a ticket is a 50/50 chance, plus like Sartori said people are going to be there who probs don't know who Goldfrapp are & prob will talk all thought out the performance, E.G don't care & only there because it's free... :( plus it's in london to damn far for me so doluble :(
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  •  I have a plan , a good plan , a plan worthy of Rob Planner the Cunning Plan Planner , I park at Bristol and train to London and back to Brizzle , go to Chvrch gig and then back to sunny Cardiff . Hey ho , plan is sorted in the event of a Bizarre Set of Ticket Winning Eventuality Circumstance Scenario .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Ooh you're good Ping!

Name in the hat
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Will be pulling a sicky that day
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-09-17 07:15:13
    "its MY favourite song"

• I really want to go to this!!!  I tried entering the draw but it is looking for a postcode, which I don't have obviously :(  

Anyone got a post code I could lash into that box?

I would fly over for the day.....its on at 11.30am so it's very possible.

@Sartori bloody typical that you booked those other tickets moments ago grrrr.  Seems as it's in a studio, surely people can't possibly feel they can talk through it......??????
  • @Una , just messaged you . I was miffed about booking the ticket initially until I saw that the Goldfrapp show is a lunchtime show (or dinnertime if you live oop north) , this means in the best case scenario that I "have an Adventure" worthy of Finn on Adventure Time (only without farting penguins etc) . 
  • tweety said:

Will be pulling a sicky that day

Yep me too if I get tix :D
  • On a positive note - I went to a BBC shindig at the Mermaid studios a couple of years ago , all of us that wanted to go from the OMD forum did manage to go (in a practical sense) - due to each application being for two tickets , we shared the love around the board and we all went , there was happiness , singerising and carousing that day . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-17 07:28:15
  • ^ any idea what sort of size audience they get in there? Just wondering how many tix might be available
  • see you all there! :)
  • ping said:

^ any idea what sort of size audience they get in there? Just wondering how many tix might be available

Rather annoyingly there were empty seats as people just failed to turn up , as its free people just waste tickets for those that want and can go by applying and not caring if they can`t go in reality . I can see plenty of people applying for these and not going as they fail to read the time of the show . 
  • I have submitted my request. It would be great if i got them. 
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!