Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Board fault / improvement collation thread.
  • 114 Comments sorted by
  • An "ignore" button would be greatly appreciated.
  • softlad said:

All it needs now is someone to get the bottle up to tweet about this thread. 

I've slapped a link on his wall so it might be best to keep this thread JUST for the main points as you initially (and quite sensibly) mentioned.

It'll make life easier for him to work through them.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • PM's could be improved a bit, you can't quote and highlight stuff in a practical kind of way, they seem a bit disjointed, not a complaint just a suggestion, otherwise all good with this new board really
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• Sounds painful @};-
    Yeah I agree bout the probs when viewing on phone. full site view makes posting too hard and mobile view has the confirm email over the post coment button. Tried a few browsers.
  • 1.  Thread authors in the list of threads would be nice.

2.  I miss the profiles.
  • 1.  Thread authors in the list of threads would be nice.

2.  I miss the profiles.

Yep, I agree with num 1) being good to have. Oddly, the authors do appear in the mobile version for some reason.

Num 2) - um, are the member profiles here much different than on GMB? They show join-date, num-of-posts, and you can display all the posts the person has made...

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-15 08:02:36
  • 12. The board won`t save my changed contact email address in My Account
    13. If you edit a post , it uses a pin-the-tail-to-the-donkey method of timestamping it 

Its now 13.32pm in the UK but the board insists is 0833am 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-15 08:33:37
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ Yeah, when you're logged-off, the board thinks it's 5 hours earlier. ie Outer Mongolia time?
  • Num 2) - um, are the member profiles here much different than on GMB? They show join-date, num-of-posts, and you can display all the posts the person has made...

Yes, it is, actually.

1.  "A few details about yourself".  I thought was nice.  Very wide open on what you put, though seldom used. 
    2. "Where you live".  Okay, not that pertinent when someon puts something like "Standing on a distant Star", but, again, it just makes people feel ok if they feel like revealing a few details about themselves.
    3. "Hobbies'.  Nice idea.

Overall, I hate the anonymity that comes from the web.  And, for those that feel comfortable about it, I like the idea of encouraging some details that are not too intrustve.  I would like to see gender as well.  No matter, really, as none of it is really pertinent.  The other two categories:

"Your job" I don't really care about, but is probably a good idea to have available.
    "Date of Birth"  I would NOT put back up.  Anyone who reveals their DOB on the web is crazy.  There are only about three things that are needed to steal an identity. DOB is one of them.

Now, I will add that, any of this could just be added to a signature, but I really don't think that would happen very often.  And, of course, there are those that don't want to reveal anything and, of course, that should be the detault options.  It's not really needed.  Just nice. 
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-15 10:34:49
  • These are fine ideas as an option Whickwithy, but I think people should have the option of what they want or don't want to reveal about themselves, not that you were saying otherwise ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Could we have an option to view a list of 'my posts' so we can keep a track of replies please? Or am I missing a subscription tab somewhere?

Otherwise, I love my new home - thank you!

• These are fine ideas as an option Whickwithy, but I think people should have the option of what they want or don't want to reveal about themselves, not that you were saying otherwise ;)

You're right, I'm not, Border_Mind.  I mean, like mine, I was so cautious about my location that I put "Standing on a distant star".  It just gives the option.
  • Sparky said:

Could we have an option to view a list of 'my posts' so we can keep a track of replies please? Or am I missing a subscription tab somewhere?

That's the "Comments" button on the top of your profile page :)
  • 14. PMs are sent as e-mail too! At least to me. That's info overkill.
  • gst said:

14. PMs are sent as e-mail too! At least to me. That's info overkill.

Turn it off in your "My Preferences" profile page settings.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!