Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Board fault / improvement collation thread.
  • 114 Comments sorted by
  • I'm sure that, if there's not already an option, it could be tweaked to default to the fist post when clicking on the thread title and to add a 'last post' or 'most recent post' button.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-10 15:31:01
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^ Yeah, exactly - I'd imagine it to be an option that's easily add-on-able.

Carpy, I see what you mean about the URL. I hadn't had a gander at that. But I'm pretty sure that appended number is actually the last post that you've viewed, which is not necessarily the last post in the thread.

• Does it actually default to the most recent post? I thought it was actually sending me to the post most recently read by me.
  • ^ Yes, that's what I was saying (most-recently-read/viewed).
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-10 15:42:54
  • OK. I'd rather that if we've to choose between the two.
  • Another odd one that I'm having trouble getting used to is the fact that, even though you hit the button "Mark All Viewed", it still goes to the last one you actually viewed rather than the last post, if you open the thread!  I'm not sure whether I like that or not.  In some ways, it's kinda nice.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-10 17:06:46
  •  I'm pretty sure that appended number is actually the last post that you've viewed, which is not necessarily the last post in the thread.

iuventus said:

Does it actually default to the most recent post? I thought it was actually sending me to the post most recently read by me.

It's still not the first post in the thread, either way! ;) :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • It's still not the first post in the thread, either way! ;) :))

That would carry a great burden in itself (great, relative to our demanding cyber natures). Imagine trying to find where you left off each visit in each thread.

• ^ I agree, it would be so nice if the default was set to show the last post in a thread. i cant tell you how many times ive added words to the add the word game that end up seeming nonsensical because i read the wrong post thinking it was last.
    Sorry if this has already been covered but I'm on my cell phone and its hard to scroll thru all the posts. Is there a solution to the 'confirm your email' box gfx that keeps popping up on the mobile version? i keep having to use the full site option which is difficult to navigate using a phone. Again please forgive me if this has already been addressed.
    Last silly question...can some nice person walk me thru changing my signature? I want the font to be red and bigger but i can't get any of my changes to read.
    (I was blonde once)
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-07-14 08:00:40
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I'm out and about at the mo but if nobody has by the time I get home I'll do the honors.
  • I'm out too.. and posting from a mobile, in mobile mode. They haven't banished the pesky 'confirm' msg yet, but you can get around it by scrolling slightly down so that the 'post comment' button can be seen/tapped.
  • A_is_A said:

Last silly question...can some nice person walk me thru changing my signature? I want the font to be red and bigger but i can't get any of my changes to read.
    (I was blonde once)

Right, I'm home again so here's my cheats-tip on doing a signature easily.........

1) Start a new post in any thread.
    2) Get all your sizing and formatting right by previewing it.
    3) Switch to formatting source mode (the little page symbol with red writing on, last in the icon bars)
    4) Copy the code and abandon the post you were using.
    5) Paste it into the signature.

That way you get round the lack of a preview function in the signature tool :)
  • Let's see...YAY! Thank you so much Carpy. It's like getting a shiny new pair of shoes:)  Xx
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-07-14 14:53:29
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • So, is there any reason to expect that any further improvements will ever be made on this forum?
  • Well, the admin-proper haven't been around much, have they? :( I dunno if it's worth some of us PMing them (or direct on twitter?) pointing out that there are still issues?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!