Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Board fault / improvement collation thread.
  • 114 Comments sorted by
  • We need prizes , its not motivating people to play the game properly grr

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I shall try much harder next time....honest guv. ;) ;) ;)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-23 12:10:24
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Update and condensing of the exisitng main issues on the Admin thread and this one.

Looking back at the Admin & collation threads it seems a few of the main things like the email message on mobiles were fixed or people have just got into the swing of how this place works.

Here's the ones so far - any more?

1) Default thread post order needs to be "Sorted By" for new users. Nearly everybody has had to stumble on why their thread is out of order compared with others.

2) Better delineation between posts. Sounds minor but is a real pain when scanning down a thread and has been mentioned by many. With all edges & footer surrounds made with the same weight of line it all just merges in to one continuous run. How about either a little break in the white between posts or a stronger box surrounding each post?

3) Occasionally post counts get stuck on a number for a time then catch up at random - is that a known issue?

4) On a widescreen or other decent sized monitor the main thread is quite 'squashed' (for want of a better word) leading to very long/deep screens per page. Is there any way for the thread area to take advantage of screen real estate?

5) Is there a poll option?

6) There's a preview facility when starting a new discussion but isn't one when posting normally. Is that possible to save having to write, post then edit unti correct?

7) Editing a post seems to sometimes datestamp with a different timezone's time ie edit at 13:30pm local time UK and get a 08:23am timestamp.

8) The old board had a birthdays calendar linked to the dates entered in a users profile. Anything similar on here?
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-08-08 07:48:07
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Spam messages that receive negative remain at the end of the thread which means that they actually end up being seen more than the genuine posts.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • ^ that only happens if you have the thread 'sorted by vote' rather than by date. ie issue #1. All mine have always been by date... not sure why!
  • The quoting system is a hit and miss affair, sometimes it works, sometimes it takes quotes out of the darker blue quote box and randomly changes font size.
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I don't see what all the fuss is. I kind of like things the way they are. I mean, HJ and Carpy take care of the spam in due time. The rest, all preferences, of which I have few to none.

*Oh, maybe a three- to five-minute delay on the edit notification.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-08-08 20:45:43
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I would like the old forums block post , so I can weed out the pfaffers and whingers . Yes , I can ignore but I`d rather block - if you don`t ask , you don`t get . But , I`ll live with what I get , this is mere piffling detail in the scheme of things .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-09 11:09:00
  • However many times I post on here, my post count remains at 4.
  • Pet said:

However many times I post on here, my post count remains at 4.

Worry not, it isn't just you - it seems to have happened fairly early on in a lot of users accounts. It'll suddenly catch up when you get a few more on the clock.

No idea why but as long as it fixes itself (and thankfully it does) then things should be ok.

Hope that helps!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • yay Carpy!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Pet said:

Worry not, it isn't just you - it seems to have happened fairly early on in a lot of users accounts. It'll suddenly catch up when you get a few more on the clock.

No idea why but as long as it fixes itself (and thankfully it does) then things should be ok.

Hope that helps!

Thank you.  It certainly should be more than 4.
  • Pet said:

Pet said:

Hope that helps!

Wow!  It's just gone up from 4 to 36.
  • Pet said:

Pet said:

Pet said:

Hope that helps!

Wow!  It's just gone up from 4 to 36.

Mind, it seems to be sticking at 36.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!