Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Board fault / improvement collation thread.
  • 114 Comments sorted by
  • 15.  Relatively stress free posting on a Mac using Firefox. I'm now using Chrome on a Windows laptop and it's a 'mare. Editing a post turns the text to HTML and when I re-posted after editing all the 'Quote' formatting disappeared so it looked like one mass of text. Mental.

• 16.  I've said this on the other problems thread.  I don't get notifications, email or pop up despite ticking all boxes.

• Heaven 17.  A block button just like Twitter - the member stays on board but all their posts disappear.  Just needs a little box next to each members profile.  Tick the box, sit back and imagine the selected members posts disappearing from the board in the manner of a particularly spectacular Tetris win - CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!

Just imagine it.   Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  8->

Yup, 'Block' button please.

• softlad said:

Heaven 17.  A block button just like Twitter - the member stays on board but all their posts disappear.  Just needs a little box next to each members profile.  Tick the box, sit back and imagine the selected members posts disappearing from the board in the manner of a particularly spectacular Tetris win - CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!

Just imagine it.   Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  8->

Yup, 'Block' button please.

I suddenly became psychic for a moment. No cold reading needed for this one >:)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I suddenly became psychic for a moment. No cold reading needed for this one >:)

All those bloody softlad posts - CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-24 17:32:58
  • I have a 92% approval rating for Softlad posts.

I don't care much for all the anti-Semitism though. It's so 90's daaaaahlink.
  • Kiyuri said:

I don't care much for all the anti-Semitism though. It's so 90's daaaaahlink.

• 18. Birthdays! Surprised that's not available by default...

• 19)
    Occasionally when a comment is posted the text is all over the shop with random line breaks.  The issue appears to be related to copying and pasting text when composing a comment.

20) I'm also finding that the Justification / Align Text buttons are next to useless.  Particularly frustrating as when you check the source you find the code is created but it doesn't take effect.

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-29 19:57:15
  • I think that the random text breaks are due to a copying and pasting issue. If one were to go in and back space/space, the breaks would probably disappear.`
    If I were dead, could I do this?

• Just done a check in the test thread and you're right iuventus, it appears to be a copy & paste issue. 
    When I've posted a comment and the text has become disjointed I've used the 'Show Source' option to tidy up.

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-29 19:54:44
  • Um, what's the proper way to view the first post in a thread/discussion? (ie if there are several pages of posts)

From the main page, when I click on a thread title it takes me to the last post I viewed. Which is usually what I want, but on the GMB you could choose either: first post.. or last post/page, I think?

So do you have to click on the thread title, and then click on page 1 - near the bottom? If the last post you viewed is not near the bottom, you then also have to scroll all the way down. A pain.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-10 14:32:19
  • A pain.

I know! Right?

Can you imagine traveling back to the early 1990s when we would have had to spend weeks posting letters just to have this brief trans-Atlantic exchange? b-(
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • So do you have to click on the thread title, and then click on page 1 - near the bottom? If the last post you viewed is not near the bottom, you then also have to scroll all the way down. A pain.

If you look at the link for a thread title before you click it you'll see that the '#item_' part at the end is automatically pointing at the latest post and changes with every new post ie:

http://goldfrapp.com/forum/discussion/128/the-tea-thread#Item_34

Clicking the Tea thread at the moment will therefore zip you to post #34

As there's no page numbers at the top of a page but only at the bottom you would have to click a thread title then scroll right down to whatever page it goes to then click the "1", just as you say. It's always far easier to code page numbers this way.

Alternatively, you could copy the link and alter it to #Item_1 at the end.

Neither way is brilliant but both work.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • So do you have to click on the thread title, and then click on page 1

Exactly why I asked, a long time ago, for having the page numbers at the top of the page.  At the bottom is really awkward (threads and posts).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!