Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • good local gag, that really is the police station!
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-08-30 04:39:35
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Steven Segal's The Glimmer Man.
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I've just watched the film 'Orphan' on television. It really didn't make sense. Like a thirty-something mad midget could pass herself off as an eight year old.
  • Fair enough cookiee_munster

I saw Elysium and far from finding it a boring movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and found it's underlying commentary very relevant too, great cast, and all around great movie was my take on it

thank F*** we don't all have the same taste eh ;)

I totally hated it and I am a massive Sci-Fi fan.  I had no emotional investment in the characters.  The little girl "just about" managed to pull on my heart strings but there were stages where I didn't really care who lived or died.  The script drew heavily on themes from Star Wars, Star Trek, Mad Max, Oblivion and Terminator.  The whole thing was quite unprofessional and at one point Jody Foster (who looked great) wasn't even lip-syncing in time.  The worst bit was the antagonist bounty hunter chap whose accent grated on me during every scene he was in.  My friends who I went with thought it was a stinker and my best mate who saw it separately was very disappointed by it.

In contrast I saw Jack Reacher for free on Sky and loved every minute of it (well until the underwhelming ending - but I'd still watch it again).
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-31 20:08:07
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

• I totally hated it and I am a massive Sci-Fi fan.  I had no emotional investment in the characters.  The little girl "just about" managed to pull on my heart strings but there were stages where I didn't really care who lived or died.  The script drew heavily on themes from Star Wars, Star Trek, Mad Max, Oblivion and Terminator.  The whole thing was quite unprofessional and at one point Jody Foster (who looked great) wasn't even lip-syncing in time.  The worst bit was the antagonist bounty hunter chap whose accent grated on me during every scene he was in.  My friends who I went with thought it was a stinker and my best mate who saw it separately was very disappointed by it.

In contrast I saw Jack Reacher for free on Sky and loved every minute of it (well until the underwhelming ending - but I'd still watch it again).

Individual tastes again, the faults you found didn't register with me at all.

I don't really see what is wrong with films drawing on scripts of other films to some extent, let's face it there is very little truly original or ground breaking 'art' out there these days anyway, and plagiarism is hardly something new. I haven't seen Oblivion, I would say to an extent they drew on the films you mentioned, or could be argued so, but name me a bunch of truly original films from the last few decades and we'll see....

In contrast to you, I thought the 'villain' (Sharlto Copley) was pretty good, and yeah he had an annoying South African accent I thought that was the point surely? ;)

I mean yeah it's not to everyone's liking, I liked it and I am often very Luke-warm towards a lot of modern sci-fi but I didn't have a problem with this movie at all to be honest.

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-01 15:00:18
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Race To Witch Mountain...
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • The Shadow...

damn it i missed Terminator 2 : Judgement Day one of my best films ever.... :(
    a must buy on blu-ray.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I mean yeah it's not to everyone's liking, I liked it and I am often very Luke-warm towards a lot of modern sci-fi but I didn't have a problem with this movie at all to be honest.

I'm just envious that you got your monies worth. :)
  • I mean yeah it's not to everyone's liking, I liked it and I am often very Luke-warm towards a lot of modern sci-fi but I didn't have a problem with this movie at all to be honest.

I'm just envious that you got your monies worth. :)

Yeah, well I guess I had the mood for it, and I loved the space station, the Elysium itself, reminded me of the books I used to look at as a child of the 80's pre Challenger disaster and this was going to be the very near future apparently....
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • The Conjuring
    Nothing really important, just another scare movie, it did nothing to me.
  • MrTemper said:

The Conjuring
    Nothing really important, just another scare movie, it did nothing to me.

folklore (a member on here) watched it and then we never heard from her again.  If that's not scary then I don't know what is!  :)
  • "Mama," and it had me screaming for mine because the ending was so very poorly acted. Next up I'm going to cleanse my palate with "Shadow Dancer". Love me some Gillian Anderson.

• I totally hated it and I am a massive Sci-Fi fan.  I had no emotional investment in the characters.  The little girl "just about" managed to pull on my heart strings but there were stages where I didn't really care who lived or died.  The script drew heavily on themes from Star Wars, Star Trek, Mad Max, Oblivion and Terminator.  The whole thing was quite unprofessional and at one point Jody Foster (who looked great) wasn't even lip-syncing in time.  The worst bit was the antagonist bounty hunter chap whose accent grated on me during every scene he was in.  My friends who I went with thought it was a stinker and my best mate who saw it separately was very disappointed by it.

Individual tastes again, the faults you found didn't register with me at all.

I don't really see what is wrong with films drawing on scripts of other films to some extent, let's face it there is very little truly original or ground breaking 'art' out there these days anyway, and plagiarism is hardly something new. I haven't seen Oblivion, I would say to an extent they drew on the films you mentioned, or could be argued so, but name me a bunch of truly original films from the last few decades and we'll see....

In contrast to you, I thought the 'villain' (Sharlto Copley) was pretty good, and yeah he had an annoying South African accent I thought that was the point surely? ;)

I mean yeah it's not to everyone's liking, I liked it and I am often very Luke-warm towards a lot of modern sci-fi but I didn't have a problem with this movie at all to be honest.

Saw it this afternoon and enjoyed it , the South African `Afrikaaners` accent is just the new German baddie accent . There were a couple of leaps in the plot but only on reflection did I see them , the rollercoaster effect kept me watching it . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Saw it this afternoon and enjoyed it , the South African `Afrikaaners` accent is just the new German baddie accent . There were a couple of leaps in the plot but only on reflection did I see them , the rollercoaster effect kept me watching it . 

For play Sartori I'm glad someone else liked it. I think of it as one possible vision of the future where there are no nice guys, I am not sure we were ever supposed to like/sympathise with an ex con and gang members any more than than the rich elite living out in space. I quite like the underlying commentary concerning the increasing divide between rich and poor, and the notion that paradise is a myth. I will watch again eventually I am sure :)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • We Need To Talk About Kevin

An oppressive movie, but it's well shot and engaging enough I would say.

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-07 17:55:59
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!