Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • My name is in the inlay to the book CD of 5 - might even be twice, if I remember right.

I will go and have a look :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Cervus said:

Love Sarah and Client too...been playing Dubstar nearly all day digging out all the b.sides :)

@Cervus - "Song number 9" by Dubstar has to be their greatest ever 'B' side however as that is not available on YouTube I will just have to listen to this instead...

Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • i'm addicted to this song just lately.....

had all there albums years ago but they all strangly disappeared & have'nt seen them since... :-?
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I think Garbage have done at least four possibly five albums, I have the first three, second album is easily my favorite, I Think I'm Paranoid and Special were great songs, oh yeah not forgetting When I grow Up, Garbage certainly have their moments.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • GARBAGE 6 ALBUMS.
    1 Garbage : 4 October 1995
    2 Version 2.0 : 5 December 1998
    3 Beautiful Garbage : 1 October 2001
    4 Bleed Like Me : 11 April 2005
    5 Absolute Garbage : 23 July 2007
    6 Not Your Kind Of People : 14 May 2012

liked Garbage & Shirley Manson since heard Heaven Is Wide while playing Gran Turismo on Playstation back in 1997..... :O That long ago already...
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Yeah, I may get the others one day, I think Garbage are good, but it's really that second album that does it for me. They are OK not a patch on Goldfrapp and tonnes of other bands but there we have it ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • ^ yep B_M they do have there moments i agree there...
    i'm kinda on off with them i have to be in a garbage mood to listen to them i can't just put it on unlike Goldfrapp witch i can listen to anytime day or night....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Yeah Goldfrapp are always more listenable than Garbage, there was something a bit over produced and unnatural about Garbage, nonetheless a few songs I love, rarely feel like listening to them, though those three singles I mention from version 2 I will always have a 'special' place in my heart for.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Will definitely be re-buying all 6 of there albums again soon (as the 1's i had have strangly disappeared) & hoping they tour again as the Bleed Like Me tour back in 2005 (i was going to) was cancelled..
    Post edited by Jozzy81 at 2013-08-15 20:00:46
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Maybe you'll start finding some other music besides Goldfrapp you like eh ;) Shirley Manson sites Siouxsie Sioux as a huge influence (I don't think Shirley is a patch on her though)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • will be taking the time to look around to see what i can find thanks B :-bd
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • well here is a good place to start, people have very eclectic tastes here. I am sure someone suggested to you having a listen to the music which influenced Goldfrapp, that's a good starting place, cheers Jozzy
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • there was something a bit over produced and unnatural about Garbage,

I'd always wondered why I admired them but never really loved them and that may be it. Lots of great material but for some reason I never found myself going back to it much, if at all.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • It is going to be a Venus Hum day!

Post edited by Cervus at 2013-08-16 03:36:56
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!