Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4413 Comments sorted by
  • 'Now your holding back your candy like a one year old'

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Hmm anyone know if Dubstar did actually do anything t'other year? Sarah had left Client n Dubstar seemed to be thinking of doing stuff. They did 2 gigs I think.
  • thathurt said:

Hmm anyone know if Dubstar did actually do anything t'other year? Sarah had left Client n Dubstar seemed to be thinking of doing stuff. They did 2 gigs I think.

I heard rumours of a Dubstar reunion but if they performed some gigs then that totally passed me by.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • @Cervus I'm getting secretly worried now that you have crept in and stolen my CD collection.  I've been a fan of Venus Hum ever since I heard Hummingbirds which I bought because it had a sticker on it saying that it sounded like a cross between Bjork and Depeche Mode.  Every December I add some of their songs to my Christmas iPod playlist (I'm not sure if its bad luck to leave Christmas songs on all year around and so I sync them with the decorations).

• Life's so strange...

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • @mode_devotion   I remember sending off for the Hummingbirds E.P an eternity ago. I think I read a review of it on a teletext page and though (good heavens that was a long time ago) ...I shall prob like that....and haven't looked back since. Annette is such a lovely person too we corresponded quite a bit via twitter a few years back.....was so glad that she didn't loose her voice with the probs that she had with it....never did get hold of that elusive very first album before B.B.S though. :)

Post edited by Cervus at 2013-08-17 02:10:35
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Going to listen to Supernature. Pass some time b4 my football starts.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I heard rumours of a Dubstar reunion but if they performed some gigs then that totally passed me by.

They def did a Newcastle Cluny gig last yr n a London obe that I didnt spot till too late.

oh and theyre FB page says they did a wee outdoor one with THL this year. I think its a fan page but if its done by Kenickie (Ben) it'll be accurate
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-08-17 12:13:06
  • susanne sundfør - diamonds

• ^Susanne Sundfør is great, love her music :)
  • agreedo. the silicone veil is a flawless album start to finish
  • @Cervus will PM you my response as this conversation seems to run and run and I'm conscious of hogging the thread.  :)

@thathurt - I wouldn't have made a Newcastle Dubstar gig but am a bit gutted on missing out on a London one.  I spoke to Sarah at the Mute Short Circuit weekend a few years back when she hinted that they might be getting back together.  I pleaded for the songs to be more like the first album (as I like the sweeping strings and the more synthy feel), however she hinted that it might be even more in the style of their later material which I don't like as much.
  • garbage stupid girl yet again.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jozzy81 said:

garbage stupid girl yet again.....

Jozzy do you only like artists beginning with the letter 'G'?  I know of your love of Garbage and Goldfrapp are there any more?
  • Not at the moment m_d... that's why i started the suggestions for other music dissussion... :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!