Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Live in NYC September 10th, 2013.
  • 220 Comments sorted by
  • Are you in LA? Call in sick! Do it, you know you want to...
    :D
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-08-05 20:52:30
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Close enough. That would be three days off within the first six weeks of the school year. Tempted. I did it at the same time last year for Dead Can Dance.

Perhaps, they'll soon announce some west coast dates.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • once in a lifetime opportunity...
    "its MY favourite song"
  • These shows are unique.... Amongst standard frapp shows they are different andso special and I suspect never to be repeated.. so go and enjoy!
  • Agreed. The Manc show was special+ amongst the many special frapp gigs I've been to. Do go if you're within reasonable travelling distance.

PS: M, I deleted your kinda-duplicate thread, as requested... hope that was OK? You'll have to continue the donkey discussions in this one! :)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-08-06 08:02:15
  • You fans in the US are in for a well deserved treat, have a good one, NYC, wish I could join you!!!
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • MIddle of the week??!!?  I LOVE it!  Best time to be in NYC.  That may just tip the iceberg.
  • Agreed. The Manc show was special+ amongst the many special frapp gigs I've been to. Do go if you're within reasonable travelling distance.

PS: M - You'll have to continue the donkey discussions in this one! :)

Haha, maybe it's for the best, I was partly afraid we'd end up in the double entrendre thread :D
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Such exciting news !! Very happy about this announcement, I can't wait !!!
    :x
  • "@goldfrapp: The Beacon Theatre NYC on the 10th of September is our only gig in the States. We hope we'll be coming back there sometime in 2014 x"
  • Son of a gun!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Reading that again, it's a bit unclear, no? Does "back there" mean US or Beacon Theatre?
  • "@goldfrapp: The Beacon Theatre NYC on the 10th of September is our only gig in the States. We hope we'll be coming back there sometime in 2014 x"

I wish they'd come to North America more often. It's really a shame and not fair to those who can't afford to jet across oceans or have the time to wait months for a passport to arrive. They have fans everywhere, not just in Europe and I wish the management would realize that. 

Unfortunately I can't go to NYC which just devastates me, as I'm in Canada and have never had a passport, and ordering one would never get here in time. It really hurts that the band haven't come here in so long, and it seems they've forgotten us. Hopefully in 2014 a proper tour will materialize and perhaps I'll finally have the chance to see them live, but I won't hold my breath as usual. It really hurts that I'm missing this like always, but all who are going stay safe, stay happy and CHERISH every moment! 
  • I'm so excited!!! I saw Goldfrapp at the Beacon on their 7T tour.. It's a smaller venue, so even in the back, you don't feel so far away. I would suggest everyone make the trip.. lucky for me I only have to drive 20 minutes. :P 

• I'm so excited!!! I saw Goldfrapp at the Beacon on their 7T tour.. It's a smaller venue, so even in the back, you don't feel so far away. I would suggest everyone make the trip..

Small venue! That's exciting to read :) It doesn't really look small on their site.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-08-08 20:06:30
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!