Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Live in NYC September 10th, 2013.
  • 220 Comments sorted by
  • Cervus said:

Maybe it just asked to watch? Looks that way.

It almost looks like something from Kate Bush Live at the Hammersmith.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I was about to say that too! :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • A_is_A said:

Still on vacation here and have no desire to go home, but i wanted to pop in for a minute and say that The show was unforgettable. It was
    worth every penny and It is without question, in my opinion, their best
    work yet.

^ I've been enjoying reading the reviews from the show and that NYTimes piece is fantastic!

Hope your enjoying your vacation. I think that NY times review puts a lot of perspective on things, forgive my bluntness but it's kinda like fuck Pitchfork media when the NY times likes something. I've read some seriously scathing reviews of films and music I like in the NYT, so it's quite something that they were impressed, has there been an album review in the NYT? I am quite curious to see how they rate it now.

cheers :)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-14 06:55:15
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • somebody posted "Road to Somewhere" bootleg video on Youtube.
  • I want to express my deepest grattitude to @mrledbetter for this precious gift and outstanding thoughtfulness to us overseas peers.

i recorded audio of the show. definitely not HQ, but sounds good. 

• Hope your enjoying your vacation. I think that NY times review puts a lot of perspective on things, forgive my bluntness but it's kinda like fuck Pitchfork media when the NY times likes something. I've read some seriously scathing reviews of films and music I like in the NYT, so it's quite something that they were impressed, has there been an album review in the NYT? I am quite curious to see how they rate it now.

cheers :)

Thank you, Border! I'm still, really, really high, naturally high, on such an amazing performance.  I hope they read that NYT review. They deserve it!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • i recorded audio of the show. definitely not HQ, but sounds good. 

This is a fantastic thing to have! Downloading now, but can't figure out what program to open it with RAV file?? Anyone?
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Thank you, Border! I'm still, really, really high, naturally high, on such an amazing performance.  I hope they read that NYT review. They deserve it!

I can TOTALLY imagine that being the case (the high) ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • A_is_A said:

This is a fantastic thing to have! Downloading now, but can't figure out what program to open it with RAV file?? Anyone?

I think it's a RAR (not a RAV), which is a compressed format file. You should be able to get hold of a program that will uncompress it, or your machine might be able to already. What's "inside" I do not know. Probably an MP3?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-15 12:30:55
  • I was lucky enough to make it to this show. For the longest time I thought I wouldn't be able to, though i was able to work some magic at work and come up to NY last minute from DC. I will echo everyone else's comments that it was a magic inside there. The band sounded fantastic and having a live orchestra and choir perform with the group was priceless. This was my 8th Goldfrapp show, and probably the most memorable due to the scale of the performance.

I also was on the side of the venue after the show waiting for the band to come out. I had a 3:00am train to take back to D.C., so I knew i had some time to kill. Once the band came out, I mostly talked to Lisa since Alison was being mobbed. We talked some about the making of Drew and Annabel, as well as a little about the next three videos about to be released. 

So happy I was able to be there that night.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!