Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Live in NYC September 10th, 2013.
  • 220 Comments sorted by
  • Such exciting news !! Very happy about this announcement, I can't wait !!!
    :x
  • "@goldfrapp: The Beacon Theatre NYC on the 10th of September is our only gig in the States. We hope we'll be coming back there sometime in 2014 x"
  • Son of a gun!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Reading that again, it's a bit unclear, no? Does "back there" mean US or Beacon Theatre?
  • "@goldfrapp: The Beacon Theatre NYC on the 10th of September is our only gig in the States. We hope we'll be coming back there sometime in 2014 x"

I wish they'd come to North America more often. It's really a shame and not fair to those who can't afford to jet across oceans or have the time to wait months for a passport to arrive. They have fans everywhere, not just in Europe and I wish the management would realize that. 

Unfortunately I can't go to NYC which just devastates me, as I'm in Canada and have never had a passport, and ordering one would never get here in time. It really hurts that the band haven't come here in so long, and it seems they've forgotten us. Hopefully in 2014 a proper tour will materialize and perhaps I'll finally have the chance to see them live, but I won't hold my breath as usual. It really hurts that I'm missing this like always, but all who are going stay safe, stay happy and CHERISH every moment! 

• I'm so excited!!! I saw Goldfrapp at the Beacon on their 7T tour.. It's a smaller venue, so even in the back, you don't feel so far away. I would suggest everyone make the trip..

Small venue! That's exciting to read :) It doesn't really look small on their site.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-08-08 20:06:30
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Eeeeeeee, i just want to scream like a 16yr old fan girl!!!
    I haven't done anything the slightest bit productive all day, just daydream.
    I couldn't possibly be anymore excited.

When I saw Alison's tweet you were the first person I thought of and to see your tweeted responses really made my evening :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • PS: M, I deleted your kinda-duplicate thread, as requested... hope that was OK? You'll have to continue the donkey discussions in this one! :)

lol, the donkey (we didn't have a white horse to ride) wasn't important, we were just talking nonsense as I'm excited for A_is_A.  It's so great that US fans will get an opportunity to recreate what happened in Manchester.

PS: For anyone who missed the donkey...

Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • ^ Carpy and Mode, you guys are so sweet!
    This whole thread so far is a great example of how genuinely awesome and kindhearted most of the people on this forum are. 99.9% of us are here because we love Goldfrapp and like to keep each other entertained. I've seen other forums and i think (generally speaking) Goldfrapp fans are some of the nicest people.

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^I can echo what carpy said, it was my first thought too. closely followed by, I wish I could go! guess flights aren't as cheap as when I last went to new York...
    "its MY favourite song"
  • A_is_A said:

^ Carpy and Mode, you guys are so sweet!
    This whole thread so far is a great example of how genuinely awesome and kindhearted most of the people on this forum are. 99.9% of us are here because we love Goldfrapp and like to keep each other entertained. I've seen other forums and i think (generally speaking) Goldfrapp fans are some of the nicest people.

:\"> That's very kind of you A_is_A.  However, the stresses and strains of daily life seem to affect all the nice Frappers (the only fanbase I know who will queue at a gig and not push in - admirable).  There have been some quite dramatic exchanges over the past few weeks.  I still feel bad for @Bells who got into an argument with someone else after something I said.  I do love it when everyone gets along though. :)
  • A_is_A said:

^ Carpy and Mode, you guys are so sweet!

I'm convinced even the spambots must love them, as busy as they still keep on posting...
    Anyway! Yeeeeeah so psyched for all US Deers!! 

Just one thing: GO!
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-08-06 18:51:43
    Be patient.
  • hmmm, £449 return. that's about £270 up on 2000....
    "its MY favourite song"
  • It would be nice to go @tweety but as we've already been isn't it a bit greedy of us?  I say "us" as I seriously considered it too!  :D
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-07 18:19:17
  • A_is_A said:

I'm so excited!!! I saw Goldfrapp at the Beacon on their 7T tour.. It's a smaller venue, so even in the back, you don't feel so far away. I would suggest everyone make the trip..

Small venue! That's exciting to read :) It doesn't really look small on they're site.

well its not very small, but compared to radio city music hall where I also saw them, it feels more cozy ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!