Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • This is getting ridiculous now. I've been deleting 20+ spamposts a day. :((

While I'm happy to help keep the place in order, one of the main reasons given for moving to a new forum-system... was that it would be better guarded against spam.

Let's hope Carpy's e-mail suggestions elicit some response/action from Fascination.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-08-26 06:15:40
  • 100 Comments sorted by
  • Wouldn't it be quicker to vet new members? Request membership and include a form asking for favourite Goldfrapp songs? Or a capcha?

• H_J if more mods are ever needed to help keep the order here i'm willing to volunteer no problem's ;)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Sparky said:

Wouldn't it be quicker to vet new members? Request membership and include a form asking for favourite Goldfrapp songs? Or a capcha?

That's the sort of thing I'd expected they might be introducing.

Carpy was expecting to hear back from Adam at FM around today-ish I think...

• If the Forum is phpBB then Admin could use a CAPTCHA mod, set it so its only required when the user is not logged in. That should put a stop to all of the spam. They need to shore things up, its like emptying a sinking ship with a bucket at the moment and these guys deleting are doing a phenomenal job but its so much effort time and time again.

Post edited by tvpatrol at 2013-08-06 07:09:14
  •  There are multiple methods , none of which they`re using , its 2013 ffs . As I put on the other thread , Admin is making work for HJ and Carpy by not deleting a single spam account off the forum ....and that`s why swearing is big and clever . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-06 07:22:04
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I love swearing; though, I'm trying to practice moderation..
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Me too. Hence my stinky, twat, bollocks in the title.
  • Sartori said:

There are multiple methods , none of which they`re using , its 2013 ffs . As I put on the other thread , Admin is making work for HJ and Carpy by not deleting a single spam account off the forum ....and that`s why swearing is big and clever . 

Should we all just rant and swear more and see what happens? I hope it's soon, there were 10 spam threads in a row on Goldfrapp news late last night.
  • This is getting ridiculous now. I've been deleting 20+ spamposts a day. one of the main reasons given for moving to a new forum-system... was that it would be better guarded against spam.

Ex-fucking-actly

Also I'm happy to take on any bollocking swearing duties as friggin needed.
  • Me too. Hence my stinky, twat, bollocks in the title.

I did wonder whether this was a  bollocky spam thread before opening......

very inventive :)

• I`ll need a cup of coffee before I have a swear frenzy , its tiring work .

"Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Hence my stinky, twat, bollocks in the title.

Loved your title, HJ.  Very "in the style"...I was just hoping it was not spam, since someone "real" had responded to it.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-08-06 07:56:35
  • It`ll probably involve Jazz , Eamonn Holmes , parts of the human body and possibly a reference to Frank Bough amongst other things that come to mind as I vent spleen .
  • Sartori said:

vent spleen .

Is that from the coffee or the spam?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!