Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 100 Comments sorted by
  • ^ sorry sweetie, you're not my type ;)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Wow, when I said be "inventive", that's not quite what I had in mind! image

• Yeah, I guess it all depends on the volume of them - if it picks up then we'll have to emply our digital doorman as discussed.

{crosses fingers but knows they'll probably keep on coming through}

If you are talking about those "bot detectors" or "Are you human? detectors", just don't use those un-readable characters.  I like the ones that ask a question, like "what does 1+1 equal".  Brilliant, simple and doesn't cause your eyes to cross while trying to read it.
  • The most frustrating scheme I came across was the one that required to you to spot cats.
    I just couldn't get it right!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-08-30 15:24:52
  • I've seen a good one recently, it showed a legible question in a box and you select the answer from a drop down menu, effective , stress free and easy...... not saying that it's idiot proof though - I try to never under estimate people ability to be complete buffoons.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • That cat one!!!!!! I think that would make even Mary Whitehouse shout "fucking cat spunksocks" .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • HEY SPAMMERS TAKE THIS!!!!!

LOL :D

Post edited by Jozzy81 at 2013-08-30 16:33:49
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • ^ sorry had to put it up again :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Hmmmm, I think you're a fan...
  • yep W you hit the nail right on the head :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....

• Yeah, I guess it all depends on the volume of them - if it picks up then we'll have to emply our digital doorman as discussed.

{crosses fingers but knows they'll probably keep on coming through}

If you are talking about those "bot detectors" or "Are you human? detectors", just don't use those un-readable characters.  I like the ones that ask a question, like "what does 1+1 equal".  Brilliant, simple and doesn't cause your eyes to cross while trying to read it.

That's on the registration already but they get past that one in however many goes.

For clarity, the board registration type can be fixed so that any new registrations sit in a holding bay where they can get rejected or completed. That way, in theory, obvious bots never get as far as the forum at all so simply can't post even once.

I guess it wouldn't be too bad for new users if we even just checked a guaranteed once a day. One of us is on each day anyway so no real extra work and would stop them polluting this place.

Should we keep it quick-entry for real people or passport control for bots?

Tough call to get the balance right.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I've been on sites where there is a 24 hour waiting period before you can post (or thread).  I'm not sure what good that does?  I guess, as you say, there is some way to detect obvious spammers but I haven't a clue what makes someone an obvious spammer until they spam.  And, yeah, if you have people (rather than bots) spamming, I'm not sure what you can do beyond what you are already doing.  It seems y'all are doing a fine job as long as it doesn't consume your day.
  • tweety said:

^ sorry sweetie, you're not my type ;)

He'd better not be.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Come on people, let your inventive side spill forth! (ooh-err)

I'm more of a follower. Besides, it's the beginning of the school year, and I'm already behind on grading.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • jozzy81 said:

HEY SPAMMERS TAKE THIS!!!!!

LOL :D

She is fit. I have to admit it. I like a couple of Garbage tracks too.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!