Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • ^^^^^ crying
  • i hear "your deep seeing eyes"  
  • I thought it was deep-sea eyes?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • could be...but i hear 2 syllables 
  • It is definitely "deep sea", just wanted to make some humor. I'm proud of my joke. L-)
  • "deep-seeing eyes" seems to make the most sense...
  • That's clever. Almost like James Bond.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • @Vesper why did you post that picture? now i can't listen to this song without laughing
    :D
  • I hope they fix the tick at 2:14 that is def. not supposed to be there.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Now that I've heard it, it's driving me freaking nuts.
  • It's such a luscious tune, i was welling up in tears as soon as i heard it.
  • Clay is so wonderful,Alison starting with this husky,whispery voice,then you see sandy beach and two lonely man in love they had no time really to accept,holding each other in arms,sunset,waving grass projecting the end to the utopia,sensual love making.Alison's voice bursting with understanding with so much empathy,almost breaking down in places with emotion.Then there is this moment when I imagine Alison saying to Will during the recording "let's make a milky way bridge here.It's like you watch the lovers from the starry sky above.Alison and Will-musical geniuses.They're painting the picture that is so divinely clear and romantic without celine dioneish overtalking (I'm sorry for even bringing her name here) .And then one of the lovers closes the other ones eyes accepting his sleep.It's celebrating love and life in a song.Goldfrapp will reach their height of cinematic songs with this truly masterpiece album and then they will totally suprise us with the next venture.Clay captures the feelings of any hopeless romantic out there waiting for someone or reminiscing the lost love.

I really hope there will be a video for this song.I'm almost sure one of the mini films will be about it.

PS:I should go to sleep.But I won't for the next 4:20 minutes.

Post edited by Jules at 2013-07-25 20:26:17
  • Vesper said:

Your Dipsy eyes, ancient stars.

OMG!!! was just listening to Clay, and heard Dispy Eyes too... your post certainly made me laugh out loud... my colleagues are looking at my funny because of it hahaha
    You're my favourite moment, You're my Saturday!

• You were only to long,
    Only to long,
    And breathe again,
    Your wait, weights in the night
    longing of love and dreams alive / all night

I hear something like that in the ? parts of @Stranger

• I'm going deaf I think.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-27 01:16:48
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!