Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lovebox stream?
  • 101 Comments sorted by
  • They did (judging from Instagram), and they also did confetti at the end of Strict Machine.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • They did the same lighting and lasers as Somerset, only on a smaller (yep) scale. But the effect was still really good - and who can argue with confetti at the end!! (theres some still in my bag / on me... And my feet are FILTHY.. It was very dusty and hot today... I am clearly refusing to give this up and go to sleep)
  • There's always that worry that at a festival the crowd won't be 'into it' in the same way, but tonight it seemed everyone was having a great time and there werent too many chatty loud people around me. Although the whole small stage thing was a bit weird and unexpected, I think it may have been a blessing, as those who were there were really just enjoying the whole thing.... And the setlist was perfect, in my opinion, for a festival night.
    They did good, and as I was leaving everyone around was saying wonderful things, so I hope the bad press / management of the situation etc, doesn't totally overshadow a really great end to their lovebox weekend.
  • Makes me wonder why Goldfrapp didn't do Glastobury this year? I think as far as this year goes perhaps something like Latitude would have been a better choice than Lovebox in my opinion?
  • I don't think they had a great time of it when they performed at Glastonbury last (I was there but I've forgotten what year it was, 08 perhaps?). I've never been amongst such a miserable crowd at any gig of any kind before! Mind you they were on straight after Neil Diamond, so I can't blame people for being depressed... (apologies to any fans out there!) I don't think the pyramid stage was the right place for them either... think they'd have done better being higher up the list on the other stage. Maybe they'll be on the lineup next year given that it's being sorted out now... who knows?! 
  • ^
    To quote a fab song you never know!!
    Did you go London as not sure if I saw you or you have flagged up as a mutual friend on Facebook? :)
  • I don't think they had a great time of it when they performed at Glastonbury last (I was there but I've forgotten what year it was, 08 perhaps?). I've never been amongst such a miserable crowd at any gig of any kind before! Mind you they were on straight after Neil Diamond, so I can't blame people for being depressed... (apologies to any fans out there!) I don't think the pyramid stage was the right place for them either... think they'd have done better being higher up the list on the other stage. Maybe they'll be on the lineup next year given that it's being sorted out now... who knows?! 

Headlining the Other Stage on the Friday I hope. That should get a dedicated crowd full of first night energy, good broadcast coverage and the full set on the red button for the benefit of those of us not there.
  • Bells said:

^
    To quote a fab song you never know!!
    Did you go London as not sure if I saw you or you have flagged up as a mutual friend on Facebook? :)

I did go to London... I'm terrible at introducing myself at any point so apologies if I was meant to say hello and didn't! I may also have flagged up as a mutual friend... I get around ;) 

Headlining the Other Stage on the Friday I hope. That should get a dedicated crowd full of first night energy, good broadcast coverage and the full set on the red button for the benefit of those of us not there.

That would be quite exciting! I think penultimate headliner would suit them better though, its the best slot because you get the sunset half way through and it all becomes a bit magical. 
  • Brief review of lovebox with a nice nod to the frapp at the end
    http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/music/lovebox-victoria-park--music-review-8725696.html

That would be quite exciting! I think penultimate headliner would suit them better though, its the best slot because you get the sunset half way through and it all becomes a bit magical. 

I saw them do that very spot when they played glasto around black cherry time. It was cool as the sun started going down. I think they had a massive mirror ball on stage
  • "A fly flew into my throat at 'lovebox' made me cough a few times through the set...managed to get it out after the show though."

Oh dear!
  • wait, after the show? she finished the set with a fly in her throat?(!)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!