Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lovebox stream?
  • 101 Comments sorted by
  • Dreeke said:

@Ultrauk: today? Kelis maybe? AFAIK Goldfrapp were headlining today.

Yep it was just a refund on the Sunday lineup which was offered about 2 months ago then they adjusted the ticket prices for new purchasers. The Goldfrapp headline slot wasn't announced in their first advertisement in the press as I remember thinking the lineup wasn't up my street. Thought it was a strange thing at the time to drip feed the acts
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2013-07-21 19:19:38
    Music Junkie
  • nothing to do with lovebox but had no where else to put it so......

The top 5 GF songs used in a setlist... 2000 - 2013.....
    1. Strict Machine
    2. Train
    3. Ooh La La
    4. Lovely Head
    5. Number 1
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • HIYA.

I WENT.

I am naughty.... But it was TOALLY last minute and (ahem) .... I didn't pay...... BUT the crowd needed some hard core frapp fanage at the front... Right?!
    It was a lot of fun. Shared some kisses (blown across the barriers) with Angie.
    Utopia was first and was wonderful. No new stuff. 2 head first tracks. Plenty of stompers, as expected for Sunday lovebox.... Ali looked amazing, and the crowd was ... Ummm... Fairly compact, yet having a really really good time! (not too many morons near us at the barrier Angie side)

THE LAZERS AND LIGHTING AND CONFETTI SAME AS LAST NIGHT AT SOMERSET HOUSE IS REALLY REALLY GOOD.

oh my god. I really need to to go sleep some time....
  • Ps, the headliner was supposed to be Prince. My 'get me in VIP' contact is a gal in the know!
  • Laura said:

Ps, the headliner was supposed to be Prince. My 'get me in VIP' contact is a gal in the know!

OMG !!!! >-)
    Music Junkie
  • Laura , how many songs did GF do?

Love Goldfrapp.....
  • So you're supposed to get Prince to headline, but you don't let anyone know? weird....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • They hadn't confirmed him (it was tentative) before announcing, but still out tickets on sale for, originally, 65 quid!
  • Then he said he couldn't so they refunded some people, put the tix down to about 40 quid, and it doesn't
    Surprise me after all that they could on,y sell half. Bit of a mess.
    But fun all the same :D
  • Can't help but think Frapp were kind of a victim of this mess...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Laura said:

Ps, the headliner was supposed to be Prince. My 'get me in VIP' contact is a gal in the know!

Life will seem so mundane this week then..... never mind work haha. You deserve a medal for that many gigs #impressed
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • don't think i would of enjoyed it especially if you can hear other groups in the background during the songs & not everyone in the crowd would of been a GF fan as well right?....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Haha, it WILL be tough tomorrow, but I need to knuckle down and do some actual work now!!
    Thanks though everyone, it's been really amazing..... Tonight topped it off perfectly. (party time)

@Dreeke I totally agree and I felt bad for them that they were moved to a small stage when they should have been headlining the biggun - they have played late on the main stage at lovebox before (seventh tree era) & the place was PACKED , but circumstance, and a mess up on the festivals part as much as anything made tonight a weird one. Still she seemed to enjoy herself.. At least, it did come across like that. I hope she did.
  • st185cs cannot access forum from his phone, so I'm posting setlist received from him:

Utopia
    You Never Know
    A&E
    Number One
    Shiny and Warm
    Believer
    Slide In
    Ride a White Horse
    Ooh la la
    Caravan Girl
    Little Bird
    Train
    Strict Machine
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Did they have the same lighting effects for 'Little Bird'? One of the most breathtaking things I've seen at at Frapp show. I hope it's a feature on the next tour.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!