Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lovebox stream?
  • 101 Comments sorted by
  • It's a bit cheap to slag off Lovebox for their lineup just because it's not your kind of thing.

I would've happily gone today to see Purity Ring, Miss Kitten, Paul Kalkbrenner, MS MR, Lianne La Havas, Kelis, Hurts and Frapp.

Just because you don't know any of the acts doesn't make the line-up rubbish.... ;)
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2013-07-21 18:39:15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • No setlist as of yet...
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Just on my way back from Lovebox.

Took a chance and turned up about an hour before GF were due on and paid less than half price to get in. There was no new material played (what's that about not casting your pearls before swine!). The main stage, according to a guy I stood next to, had been closed all day and instead the purple tent-like stage became the new 'main stage'.

Opened with Utopia! There was so much noise coming from other stages and tents that it could be heard during various tracks and more than half of Little Bird - and I was in Alex's traditional position on the barrier!

Enjoyed it very much for what was - a good thumping set. Setlist to follow.
    Post edited by st185cs at 2013-07-22 02:36:07
  • st185cs said:

The main stage, according to a guy I stood next to, had been closed all day and instead the purple tent-like stage became the new 'main stage'. 

ah, that explains why I thought the stage I watched on the stream seemed a bit small...
  • They were refunding money this year on tickets that were purchased early (£5) as the headline act never materialised which was a nice gesture of LOVEBOX. Would loved to have known who it should have been. Grace Jones performance & also Chic with Nile Rogers last year was hard to beat
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2013-07-21 18:50:56
    Music Junkie
  • Well, that's probably Lil'Kim then.
    Who was one of the names I didn't care for on todays lineup anyway...
  • jozzy81 said:

No setlist as of yet...

Thanks jozzy
    :-)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • They played Believer and Slide In.
    But looking at some more short clips from the web both crowd and band don't seem too impressed by each other.

However, looks like they will keep the lighting and confetti from SSH gig for other gigs, hopefully! :)

Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-07-21 19:06:24
    Be patient.
  • st185cs said:

Just on my way back from Lovebox.

Opened with Utopia!

*fingers in ears* - la, la, la - I can't hear you!

Maybe I drifted off and this is a bad dream. How could I go to 3 gigs with no Utopia and then the "only" one I don't go to, they play it. Arghhhh! :D

• lol  i know that feeling much to well...
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Dreeke said:

Well, that's probably Lil'Kim then.

Who was one of the names I didn't care for on todays lineup anyway...

I think it was someone WAY much bigger than Lil'Kim & Goldfrapp tbh
    Music Junkie
  • Your time will come MD. Just keep on going to them gigs ;)
  • HolyOwl said:

They played Believer and Slide In.

Noooo! This is just getting worse and worse. Why do non-fan festival goers (present company excepted) get all the good songs?! I think I'd better sign off before I see the entire set list and have a nervous breakdown. :p

• Dreeke said:

Your time will come MD. Just keep on going to them gigs ;)

lol - I've heard those songs lots in the past - which is why I want to hear them again and again. OCD? Me? Well, maybe just a smidgen.
  • @Ultrauk: today? Kelis maybe? AFAIK Goldfrapp were headlining today.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!