Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Somerset House 2013 live updates (sans photos)
  • 146 Comments sorted by

• Sartori said:

softlad said:

I had two pints.  At the same time.  My life has probably peaked now.

I know ;)  .
    When you disappeared I bumped into BlackCherry1970 who's the lad I sat next to at Cecil House - good bloke.  He got your bevy and he says it was very nice indeed.....  
    ......at which point I made for the bogs only to be told by Security that I couldn't get through to the right of the stage due to some bloody band coming out to go on stage.  Liberty.  So now I have to wade through the front of the crowd to get to the opposite entrance, still no sign of you and I'm busting my neck for the khazi.  Sure enough I then come across the Angie Pollock Massive* who were probably mighty relieved to see  the back of me going to be, er, mighty relieved.  There was no way I was going to be able to head back the way I came so I then completed a complete circle of the grounds before finding BC1970 and my pint again. 
    A very interesting tour of a historical site and truth be told I need the exercise.

*Visual_Fallacy, Cheerleader In Chief.

They've got a chicken and a cow now look! ~:> 3:-O

• another little review on the line of best fit
  • *I believe that Alison, while singing Train, got distracted by the guy walking onto the stage because one of those fan(?)s had stopped working. Or well, something had to happen there.

Best gig I've ever been to. I'd like to be able to travel through time and go back to saturday.
    Post edited by Anoukvdm at 2013-07-23 17:04:55
  • I think some of the people who went to Somerset House were not die hard fans but probably locals/tourists who happened to be in the area and thought "I think I've heard of Goldfrapp dear, shall we pop along to see them? Might have a jolly good time. Hope they play that dancey track that was in some adverts years ago?"
    Bastards!!
  • ^
    LOL typical is'nt it...
    really hate people who do that....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • rewak said:

Eh i get where that reviewer is coming from actually, sorry. From reading peoples opinions here it sounds like the crowd were what i call an "Ooh La La crowd", only really truly interested in the stompers and no interest in the slower ones, i think thats what the reviewer is pointing out anyway.

I unfortunately stood next to two "complainers" who openly and loudly stated that they were only there for Train and anything off Headfirst.  I love Headfirst and was disappointed that it's been brushed under the carpet so soon after its release.  However, I didn't shout/chat/moan throughout the gig and spoil it for everyone else (unfortunately they didn't show the same courtesy).  To their credit they saved my place in the crowd when I needed the loo but apart from that I wish they'd sold their tickets to some real fans.  This may be "really" controversial but maybe people should be breathalised after a few pints and not sold any more alcohol if they are going to act like morons and spoil it for the rest of us?  Maybe I'm wrong, should a concert be somewhere you go to get wasted (like a club night out)?

Touch paper lit... standing well back.  :p
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Bells said:

I think some of the people who went to Somerset House were not die hard fans but probably locals/tourists who happened to be in the area and thought "I think I've heard of Goldfrapp dear, shall we pop along to see them? Might have a jolly good time. Hope they play that dancey track that was in some adverts years ago?"
    Bastards!!

Did you stand next to them too?
  • Bells said:

I think some of the people who went to Somerset House were not die hard fans but probably locals/tourists who happened to be in the area and thought "I think I've heard of Goldfrapp dear, shall we pop along to see them? Might have a jolly good time. Hope they play that dancey track that was in some adverts years ago?"
    Bastards!!

Did you stand next to them too?

No I shall give you a really bad description of where I stood. Here goes:-
    Looking towards stage (obviously) so was at the right hand side near Charlie's side. Stood two rows behind Mr and Mrs Paolo and behind a lass with a red headband ( hello if your on here and sorry for shouting in your ear!).
    It was the side where Davide was quite prominent in coming over to get the crowd going - I need no encouragement thanks!
    Was nearish to Anouk but didn't know it. ^#(^
  • here's a review in the quietus
  • @Bells thanks for the description (it was really good).  I was six people back in the dead centre facing Alison. I did clap when Davide told me to.  Being tall I often don't clap with my hands above my head from the outset otherwise people behind might not be able to see.
  • ping said:

here's a review in the quietus

OK to a point but no need to criticize Florence or Natasha. And as for saying that there were no songs from 'Head First'...tut tut. (for anyone who wasn't there, they played 'Shiny & Warm').
  • ping said:

here's a review in the quietus

That's one of the best music sites on the entire interWWWebs - I've made some truly astounding discoveries on that place and literally read it every single day.

Actually, on second thoughts, it's probably cost me a fortune buying stuff!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Whats with the dislike of perhaps more casual fans who and / or prefer 'that dancey track'? Maybe it takes such tracks to get more people in through the door who then listen to the rest of the songs and find out its not that bad and worth checking out the other albums or buying the new one. If you want more Goldfrapp in the future its people like this who helpvpay Alison & co a wage to keep going I'm afraid.

Everyone seemed pretty well behaved and attentive where I was too...

But anyway, great gig, best of my 5. Not sure if thats enough to qualify as a 'die hard fan' and so allowed to have come along...?
    Post edited by Cous at 2013-07-25 19:27:54
  • glad you enjoyed Cous, it was indeed a great gig :) 
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!