Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Somerset House 2013 live updates (sans photos)
  • 146 Comments sorted by
  • Much missed, too, Dreeke :) Great to see you in Manchester.
  • I'm pretty sure we'll meet again in the near future... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

• Paris would be nice.... Eurostar isn't too expensive if you book in advance :-\"
  • Is there a thread for the Hammersmith gig? I couldn't see one.

Where are those going seated? No stalls seats left There are some circle seats available, but looks like the best is Row P... which is waaaay back :(

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-22 05:47:23

• Is there a thread for the Hammersmith gig? I couldn't see one.

Where are those going seated? No stalls seats left There are some circle seats available, but looks like the best is Row P... which is waaaay back :(

yep H_J from wayyyyyy back there it looks like your going to have to take binoculars.....

think a wait untill more dates are announced is needed.....

Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Yeah, I'm hoping that something more intimate like the Electric Proms / Cecil Sharp gig will happen.
  • yep you never know there's 3 months untill the next comfirmed gig in holland is it on 21st october...
    Post edited by Jozzy81 at 2013-07-22 05:59:14
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

• Finally, I should say that Sartori wasn't so
    tired & emotional that he didn't grasp in the end where he had to go. Glad you made it in one piece, Rob :)

Nice euphemism for "pissed" haha . I recall the tube , a buritto , morning , result :)  . Cheers Giles , just the mooning , thats alright , as long as the Police havent got bottom recognition software I`m ok :D 

The Times review , mm... "far from full" ? it sold out , I expect that given the heat that middle aged peeps decided not to chance their arm on becoming a statistic perhaps - if thats true  . This is what I hate about journalists (sorry for any reading ....a bit anyway) , its the tabloid undermining of Goldfrapp to give substance to their "falling off the pop radar" point , 
    I agree with the chatting part though , but , but , but , what she fails to note is that these days people have no respect for others and will gladly talk in cinemas or anywhere , anytime (yes , Martini Time Knobs) , its not a "Ooh La La" crowd thing , it happens at every artists gigs during any slow number , its not confined to Goldfrapp - selfish knobs are everywhere . I wouldn`t generalise and say its a youth thing , plenty of the people I saw talking on Saturday about shopping etc were middle aged .

Its just society today , low attention spans , the me me me society , the senses of over entitlement to do whatever they want , a constant desire to play with an iPhone or whatever , even at Manchester there was a murmuring between the new tracks that carried on into the next track . Knobs are everywhere . 

But (yup another but) the gist of the article is  , the new stuff is great and sounds wonderful but that`s not the same as it being successful . It is flimsy though to use the reaction of the crowd and the alleged fullness of the venue as evidence of that though .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-22 07:05:52
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Dreeke said:

Sounds like a great evening Keith except for the fact that we were not there.... ;)

This!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Great gig, excited to hear new material, fantastic lighting/lasers, BUT I've never known soooo many people talking loudly ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE ENTIRE F**KING CONCERT. Wos the madder wiv yer?    Over half of them had their backs to the stage too.

• I had two pints.  At the same time.  My life has probably peaked now.
  • no, no it hasn't. I was in macDonalds at the time.
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Ultrauk said:

Giancarlo said:

It was lovely to see you again Giancarlo. At least this time you didn't pass out. :O

Safe trip back to Italy

Pete

Lovely for me too Pete ! Had two days of wi-fi blackout and no possibility to read the forum (not yet understood how to do it by phone). At home now.
    No overheating this time ! As I've told you I was a lot worried for the disturb given to Alison in that occasion, wanted to bury myself ...

• softlad said:

I had two pints.  At the same time.  My life has probably peaked now.

I know ;)  .

The real Ray Winstone level of dramatisingment/attention seeking about leaks is about to kick off soon . Think I might leave the board until half past August , it`ll soon be flooded with tantrums and tears and the threads will turn into a clown census - where`s bloody Noah when you need him . 

Sorry we couldn`t carry on our chat , I had a real fandangleish time reaching the toilets and then we were lost , like Lost on tv but without monsters . PM me your Twitter account , "Bad decisions make good stories" :)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!