Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Collections (you know you have them ;) )
  • 162 Comments sorted by
  • Oh i don't feel bad about it anymore! Just at the time i remember being irked/jealous :P I can't remember the email thing, from what i remember it was a spontaneous thing that just appeared in peoples letter boxes one day. There was an email competition i remember but i can't remember what for, only that Kiyu won it.
  • Yeh they were very secretative about it weren't they? Something about planning a surprise for people....?
  • @nuwebb I've always wondered how you have SO much stuff from not only Goldfrapp but other artists!!! You rich or something???  $-)
  • no no no,i wish i was.............alot of networking,tradig and luck   
    Post edited by nuwebb at 2013-07-11 02:07:37
  • @nuwebb I'm going through your collection on Discogs and it is MIGHTY. But I must ask, what is the point of buying the same set of songs over and over and over again, if you're not rich?
  • its a funny thing collecting, i have been collecting stuff from 12 years old now nearly 50..B-) ., it started with Gary Numan ,but with Numan I got to know, record dealers, shop staff and his mum, so I used to get tones of stuff.it just took over from there, different labels, covers, pressing plates, test pressing proof covers, then something happened, which I wont go into here, and in the mid 90's just before eBay I sold up, but then I decided not to collect anymore...,but then I saw the lovely head video and I got the passion for it again, then I really got back into the game when I saw The Killers support Numan in 2004 and that really did kick the habit back, so I would say its the thrill of tracking down a item, networking with other collectors, and finding the rare stuff, i trade stuff with people on the Killers forums as well as a few Frapp collectors on this forum, those guys know who they are and I think they would all say, that I am passionate about the bands I like....I think that sort of explains it,i don't smoke,i am s social drinker and can take it or leave it, give me a rare cd or vinyl over a fag or a pint any day....
    L-)
    Post edited by nuwebb at 2013-07-12 02:16:32
  • @nuwebb Wow haha thank you for the history!!! I would definitely be a collector if I had the money.
  • I bought my Felt Mountain Special Edition on Discogs for 20£, brand new! i found it cheap, when i was looking for this version i don't found it for less than $100, people on eBay are out of their minds. Now Amazon.co.uk is selling the CD again. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00005OBE5/ 
  • Felt Mountain CD
    Felt Mountain Special Edition 2CD
    Black Cherry CD+VINYL
    Supernature CD+VINYL+UMD
    Supernature CD+DVD
    Supernature US CD
    Supernature US CD+DVD
    Wonderful Electric Live In London DVD+UMD
    Live 2005 Nottingham Rock City 2CD
    We Are Glitter CD
    Seventh Tree CD+VINYL
    Seventh Tree CD+DVD+POSTCARDS & POSTER
    Seventh Tree Special Edition CD+DVD
    Head Frist CD+VINYL
    The Singles CD
    Supernature Promo Posters 2005/06 (X5)
    Other Items INC : Stickers, Postcards, T-shirts, Badges & Signed Photos.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Here's a thing this thread got me thinking about, I can totally understand collecting records but can't really get my head around having vinyls and not playing them ever!. I might say differently if I owned say the A&M pressing of The Sex Pistols God Save The Queen. There is just something about vinyl that it feels a sacrilege not to play them, even if it is only very occasionally ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Depends whats on the vinyl, for example i haven't opened my Seventh Tree 7" singles because i have no desire to hear the remixes that are on the CD anyway played again, ever, in any medium.
  • Oh I dunno, I like to hear it on vinyl even if the mixes are the same, I really like the vinyl listening experience, crackles an all
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Selling my HEAD FIRST signed cassette if anyone need to complete a collection. 

The signed print of my photo competition is enough for me on the signature front. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161066445008?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
  • Felt Mountain CD+VINYL
    Felt Mountain Special Edition 2CD
    Black Cherry CD+VINYL
    Supernature CD+VINYL+UMD
    Supernature CD+DVD
    Supernature US CD
    Supernature US CD+DVD
    Wonderful Electric Live In London DVD+UMD
    Live 2005 Nottingham Rock City 2CD
    We Are Glitter CD
    Seventh Tree CD+VINYL
    Seventh Tree CD+DVD+POSTCARDS & POSTER
    Seventh Tree Special Edition CD+DVD
    Head Frist CD+VINYL
    The Singles CD
    Supernature Promo Posters 2005/06 (X5)
    Tales Of Us Live Singed Poster
    Other Items INC : 7 Stickers, 10+ Postcards, 3 T-shirts, 7 Badges & 4 Signed Photos.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • rewak said:

Depends whats on the vinyl, for example i haven't opened my Seventh Tree 7" singles because i have no desire to hear the remixes that are on the CD anyway played again, ever, in any medium.

I'm a bit of a "sealed up" perfectionist too.  I am not looking forward to having to open up the Deluxe Box set to get at the DVDs.  OCD?, just a smidgen.  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!