Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Collections (you know you have them ;) )
  • 162 Comments sorted by
  • I remember those, and being a little irked/hurt/bemused at not getting one because it seemed like for the selection process they had looked at the top forum posters of the time and sent them out to the top 10 or so, except they skipped over me. I had been vocal that year about not liking the direction things were going (craptacular club remixes for a low fi acoustic based album, shitty half assed 'tour edition' re-release of the album, that sort of stuff) so i've always assumed that's why. That sounds quite pompous really but fuck it, i was a little arrogant at the time :P
  • jozzy81 said:

O M G :-O

:-))

@rewak sure you know I was never a top poster, been around for years but blink and you'd miss me!
    As far as I remember you had to email or something, and they sent them to the first twenty or so.
    I hope that makes you feel better about it!
    Post edited by Una at 2013-07-10 16:28:38
  • Oh i don't feel bad about it anymore! Just at the time i remember being irked/jealous :P I can't remember the email thing, from what i remember it was a spontaneous thing that just appeared in peoples letter boxes one day. There was an email competition i remember but i can't remember what for, only that Kiyu won it.
  • Yeh they were very secretative about it weren't they? Something about planning a surprise for people....?
  • @nuwebb I've always wondered how you have SO much stuff from not only Goldfrapp but other artists!!! You rich or something???  $-)
  • no no no,i wish i was.............alot of networking,tradig and luck   
    Post edited by nuwebb at 2013-07-11 02:07:37
  • @nuwebb I'm going through your collection on Discogs and it is MIGHTY. But I must ask, what is the point of buying the same set of songs over and over and over again, if you're not rich?
  • @nuwebb Wow haha thank you for the history!!! I would definitely be a collector if I had the money.
  • I bought my Felt Mountain Special Edition on Discogs for 20£, brand new! i found it cheap, when i was looking for this version i don't found it for less than $100, people on eBay are out of their minds. Now Amazon.co.uk is selling the CD again. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00005OBE5/ 
  • Felt Mountain CD
    Felt Mountain Special Edition 2CD
    Black Cherry CD+VINYL
    Supernature CD+VINYL+UMD
    Supernature CD+DVD
    Supernature US CD
    Supernature US CD+DVD
    Wonderful Electric Live In London DVD+UMD
    Live 2005 Nottingham Rock City 2CD
    We Are Glitter CD
    Seventh Tree CD+VINYL
    Seventh Tree CD+DVD+POSTCARDS & POSTER
    Seventh Tree Special Edition CD+DVD
    Head Frist CD+VINYL
    The Singles CD
    Supernature Promo Posters 2005/06 (X5)
    Other Items INC : Stickers, Postcards, T-shirts, Badges & Signed Photos.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Here's a thing this thread got me thinking about, I can totally understand collecting records but can't really get my head around having vinyls and not playing them ever!. I might say differently if I owned say the A&M pressing of The Sex Pistols God Save The Queen. There is just something about vinyl that it feels a sacrilege not to play them, even if it is only very occasionally ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Depends whats on the vinyl, for example i haven't opened my Seventh Tree 7" singles because i have no desire to hear the remixes that are on the CD anyway played again, ever, in any medium.
  • Oh I dunno, I like to hear it on vinyl even if the mixes are the same, I really like the vinyl listening experience, crackles an all
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Selling my HEAD FIRST signed cassette if anyone need to complete a collection. 

The signed print of my photo competition is enough for me on the signature front. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161066445008?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
  • Felt Mountain CD+VINYL
    Felt Mountain Special Edition 2CD
    Black Cherry CD+VINYL
    Supernature CD+VINYL+UMD
    Supernature CD+DVD
    Supernature US CD
    Supernature US CD+DVD
    Wonderful Electric Live In London DVD+UMD
    Live 2005 Nottingham Rock City 2CD
    We Are Glitter CD
    Seventh Tree CD+VINYL
    Seventh Tree CD+DVD+POSTCARDS & POSTER
    Seventh Tree Special Edition CD+DVD
    Head Frist CD+VINYL
    The Singles CD
    Supernature Promo Posters 2005/06 (X5)
    Tales Of Us Live Singed Poster
    Other Items INC : 7 Stickers, 10+ Postcards, 3 T-shirts, 7 Badges & 4 Signed Photos.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!